Hello,

I have just installed a new computer at a client's business premises.
This new computer has a fresh installation of Windows XP Home. When I
go to change the backdrop in the Display > Desktop tab, if I click on
any image in the list that is not a bmp, or if I click browse, the
whole Display dialog just disappears. The background can be set by
browsing to the file in Windows Explorer, then selecting 'Set as
Desktop Background' in the context menu.

The same thing happens if I attempt to change the theme to Windows
classic then click apply, the dialog just disappears. All other
settings seem to work as expected.

I have never come across this problem before, has anyone else found
this problem or a similar problem? Any ideas or pointers in the right
direction?

Many thanks in advance.