Portable program to encrypt/decrypt data from a external usb HD - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Portable program to encrypt/decrypt data from a external usb HD - Microsoft Windows ; Hi, is there a portable program (no need to install, just can be stored on an usb key) to encrypt/decrypt data from a external usb HD. I want to have a 100 giga partition with some data and the possibility ...

  1. Portable program to encrypt/decrypt data from a external usb HD

    Hi,

    is there a portable program (no need to install, just can be stored on
    an usb key) to encrypt/decrypt data from a external usb HD. I want to
    have a 100 giga partition with some data and the possibility to access
    it from other computer only with password or another security measure.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Portable program to encrypt/decrypt data from a external usb HD

    In article <1163709239.962433.286470@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>,
    wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >is there a portable program (no need to install, just can be stored on
    >an usb key) to encrypt/decrypt data from a external usb HD. I want to
    >have a 100 giga partition with some data and the possibility to access
    >it from other computer only with password or another security measure.

    www.truecrypt.org

    Free, open-source. It can be run in "traveller" mode from any removeable
    media without installation. Simply run the executable file.

+ Reply to Thread