Weird Pb. Burner suddenly recognized only as CD-Rom ? - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Weird Pb. Burner suddenly recognized only as CD-Rom ? - Microsoft Windows ; After adding one HDD, I suddenly lost all capacity to burn anything on two different burners : Pioneer DVD RW 110 and SCSI Plextor. Both are only recognized as a CD-ROM, and Roxio said 'no burner found' It is quite ...

  1. Weird Pb. Burner suddenly recognized only as CD-Rom ?

    After adding one HDD, I suddenly lost all capacity to burn anything on two
    different burners : Pioneer DVD RW 110 and SCSI Plextor.

    Both are only recognized as a CD-ROM, and Roxio said 'no burner found'

    It is quite weird, because I get back to the old configuration, and I still
    cannot get it
    after removing all device, resetting bios...

    When I try to install new device, in WIN 98 SE, only cd-rom choices are
    available
    Any one has an Idea .

    --
    Jean.paulo

  2. Re: Weird Pb. Burner suddenly recognized only as CD-Rom ?

    jean.paulo wrote:
    > After adding one HDD, I suddenly lost all capacity to burn anything
    > on two different burners : Pioneer DVD RW 110 and SCSI Plextor.
    >
    > Both are only recognized as a CD-ROM, and Roxio said 'no burner found'
    >
    > It is quite weird, because I get back to the old configuration, and I
    > still cannot get it
    > after removing all device, resetting bios...
    >
    > When I try to install new device, in WIN 98 SE, only cd-rom choices
    > are available
    > Any one has an Idea .

    Just an idea but perhaps the CD burners had a fixed drive letter or the
    Roxio installation programme set itself for the drive letters they were
    assigned at the time. Having added a hard disk they have been pushed
    down a letter. I suggest uninstalling then reinstalling Roxio

  3. Re: Weird Pb. Burner suddenly recognized only as CD-Rom ?

    Yes. I did found out that I panicked, and that deepburner was still seeing
    the burners.

    My problem came from a bad spot on my HDD, but I reinstalled only the UDF
    part
    of Roxio which was affected.

    After full removal and re-install of whole Roxio products, all back to
    normal.

    Thanks.

    --
    Jean.paulo

    > Just an idea but perhaps the CD burners had a fixed drive letter or the
    > Roxio installation programme set itself for the drive letters they were
    > assigned at the time. Having added a hard disk they have been pushed
    > down a letter. I suggest uninstalling then reinstalling Roxio

  4. Re: Weird Pb. Burner suddenly recognized only as CD-Rom ?

    jean.paulo wrote:
    > Yes. I did found out that I panicked, and that deepburner was still
    > seeing the burners.
    >
    > My problem came from a bad spot on my HDD, but I reinstalled only the
    > UDF part
    > of Roxio which was affected.
    >
    > After full removal and re-install of whole Roxio products, all back to
    > normal.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Alls well that ends well, that's the most important. Glad you got it
    sorted.

+ Reply to Thread