forbid users to change screensaver settings - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on forbid users to change screensaver settings - Microsoft Windows ; I need users to be asked for password when they quit the screensaver. I have set it in the screensaver settings for every user but it's a setting that they can change. Is there a "Administrator" setting for that, so ...

  1. forbid users to change screensaver settings

    I need users to be asked for password when they quit the screensaver. I
    have set it in the screensaver settings for every user but it's a
    setting that they can change. Is there a "Administrator" setting for
    that, so that only me can set it? ... or a way to make a "user" setting
    not changeable?

    It's Windows XP Professional SP2.

  2. Re: forbid users to change screensaver settings

    mdiazfreire@hotmail.com writes:

    > I need users to be asked for password when they quit the screensaver. I
    > have set it in the screensaver settings for every user but it's a
    > setting that they can change. Is there a "Administrator" setting for
    > that, so that only me can set it? ... or a way to make a "user" setting
    > not changeable?
    >
    > It's Windows XP Professional SP2.

    Active directory group policies are designed to solve this problem. Do
    you have a domain controller? If not, you may be discovering the
    need for one to manage settings like this.

    Best Regards,
    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/