Remove password to access BIOS - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Remove password to access BIOS - Microsoft Windows ; I have a EZ-2000 computer, model Voyager P3-550-128-18. I need to reset the BIOS to boot from the CD-ROM but its been sooo long since I've messed with this machine that I have NO idea what the password is to ...

  1. Remove password to access BIOS

    I have a EZ-2000 computer, model Voyager P3-550-128-18.

    I need to reset the BIOS to boot from the CD-ROM but its been sooo long
    since I've messed with this machine that I have NO idea what the
    password is to access the BIOS.

    On the BIOS screen it has:-

    ROM PCI/ISA BIOS (2A6LGI3C)
    CMOS setup utility
    Award Software Inc.

    On the Motherboard I see:-

    A/W: 31311-03

    VD 133

    I'd appreciate it if someone could point me to information about how to
    disable the password.

    Thanks.

    Lewis.

    *****

  2. Re: Remove password to access BIOS

    "limeylew@gmail.com" wrote:

    >I'd appreciate it if someone could point me to information about how to
    >disable the password.

    Pull the CMOS battery and wait for a minute before putting it back in.
    This should reset the BIOS to default values and clear the password.

    JK'06

  3. Re: Remove password to access BIOS

    Jan Kannemacher wrote:
    > "limeylew@gmail.com" wrote:
    >
    > >I'd appreciate it if someone could point me to information about how to
    > >disable the password.

    > Pull the CMOS battery and wait for a minute before putting it back in.
    > This should reset the BIOS to default values and clear the password.
    >

    > JK'06

    THANKS !!

    That was a perfect solution and I appreciate it.

    Kind regards.

    Lewis.

    *****

+ Reply to Thread