usb2.0 connector confusion - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on usb2.0 connector confusion - Microsoft Windows ; Hi, I am using a new chassi for my computer. On the front I have connections for usb2.0. Then when I looked at the motherboard I find two types of usb 2.0 headers ( both 9-pin). They are called usb6_7 ...

  1. usb2.0 connector confusion

    Hi,

    I am using a new chassi for my computer. On the front I have connections
    for usb2.0.

    Then when I looked at the motherboard I find two types of usb 2.0
    headers ( both 9-pin). They are called usb6_7 and usb4_5. which one
    shall I use?

    cheers,

    //mikael

  2. Re: usb2.0 connector confusion

    Petterson Mikael writes:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am using a new chassi for my computer. On the front I have
    > connections for usb2.0.
    >
    > Then when I looked at the motherboard I find two types of usb 2.0
    > headers ( both 9-pin). They are called usb6_7 and usb4_5. which one
    > shall I use?

    Oh, either will probably work just fine. If you need to decide, I go
    with the lower numbers.

    Probably a better question for a newsgroup dedicated to hardware, or
    your specific mobo manufacturer if possible.

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

  3. Re: usb2.0 connector confusion

    In article ,
    Petterson Mikael wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >I am using a new chassi for my computer. On the front I have connections
    >for usb2.0.
    >
    >Then when I looked at the motherboard I find two types of usb 2.0
    >headers ( both 9-pin). They are called usb6_7 and usb4_5. which one
    >shall I use?

    The connectors on the front panel are probably standard USB connectors.

    The 9-pin headers on the motherboard are designed to be connected to
    special internal cables which then translate those pins to standard USB
    connectors in the back of your computer.

+ Reply to Thread