change icon - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on change icon - Microsoft Windows ; I have a *.bat shell program, it uses the default bat shell icon. I like to use different icon, how do I replace it? Thanks...

  1. change icon

    I have a *.bat shell program, it uses the default bat shell icon. I
    like to use different icon, how do I
    replace it?
    Thanks

  2. Re: change icon

    "blackdog" wrote in
    news:1160607253.439385.300010@c28g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com:

    > I have a *.bat shell program, it uses the default bat shell
    > icon. I like to use different icon, how do I
    > replace it?
    > Thanks

    Right click on the icon, got to "program" tab, you will see
    "change icon". You can go to a dll file (shows you all there is
    in the file), or to a separate .ico which you have somewhere and
    like. Etc.

    IOW, like for any other program, except it being a DOS program,
    it will give you a relatively limited selection as a default.
    However, you can "browse" to your directory of 5,000 icons DL'd
    from various sources - if you have one - or do whatever. Almost
    any exe (and many dll's) on your computer has at least one icon,
    sometimes many, sometimes one may fit the bill perfectly.

    Since most Windows icons suck, I made a collection of about a
    100 icons from various sources and I have it in my win sys dir,
    called "desktop.dll".

    There are ng's for cursors and icons, I think. And hundreds of
    sites.

  3. Re: change icon

    On 2006-10-11, blackdog wrote:

    > I have a *.bat shell program, it uses the default bat shell icon. I
    > like to use different icon, how do I
    > replace it?

    Right-click on the desktop object, select "Properties" and change the
    icon property.

    --

    John (john@os2.dhs.org)

+ Reply to Thread