How can I really clean my PC ? - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on How can I really clean my PC ? - Microsoft Windows ; Looks like my PC is filled with unnecessary files, besides those coming from stupid installations. How can I find and trash them ? Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance e.g. MSOcache directory is 172 MB ! is ...

  1. How can I really clean my PC ?

    Looks like my PC is filled with unnecessary files,
    besides those coming from stupid installations.

    How can I find and trash them ?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks in advance

    e.g.

    MSOcache directory is 172 MB ! is it mandatory ?

    Win updates files (I don't precisely know where they are, but I don't
    need them on my HD)

  2. Re: How can I really clean my PC ?

    "Luca" wrote in
    news:1156438335.255910.93810@75g2000cwc.googlegrou ps.com:

    > Looks like my PC is filled with unnecessary files,
    > besides those coming from stupid installations.
    >
    > How can I find and trash them ?
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > e.g.
    >
    > MSOcache directory is 172 MB ! is it mandatory ?
    >
    > Win updates files (I don't precisely know where they are,
    > but I don't need them on my HD)

    Google for "Windows clean-up tweak streamline" (no quotation
    marks). There are hundreds if not thousands of sites with good
    advice.

    Also, you could check out www.litepc.com

  3. Re: How can I really clean my PC ?

    Luca: Suggest four approaches (use all four).

    1) Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools\Disk Cleanup

    2) Start/Run=%temp% and delete all files and folders in this
    temp directory; they are not needed.

    3) Get EasyCleaner and do an "Unnecessary" from main menu.
    This scans for unnecessary files and gives you the option of
    deleting any combo or all of them.
    EasyCleaner: http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/ecleane.htm

    4) Empty Recycle Bin.

    After these are completed, you night do a Defrag.

    Skip

    On 24 Aug 2006 09:52:15 -0700, "Luca" wrote:

    -|Looks like my PC is filled with unnecessary files,
    -|besides those coming from stupid installations.
    -|
    -|How can I find and trash them ?
    -|
    -|Any help would be greatly appreciated
    -|Thanks in advance
    -|
    -|e.g.
    -|
    -|MSOcache directory is 172 MB ! is it mandatory ?
    -|
    -|Win updates files (I don't precisely know where they are, but I don't
    -|need them on my HD)

  4. Re: How can I really clean my PC ?

    Herman D. Knoble wrote:
    > Luca: Suggest four approaches (use all four).
    >
    > 1) Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools\Disk Cleanup
    >
    > 2) Start/Run=%temp% and delete all files and folders in this
    > temp directory; they are not needed.
    >
    > 3) Get EasyCleaner and do an "Unnecessary" from main menu.
    > This scans for unnecessary files and gives you the option of
    > deleting any combo or all of them.
    > EasyCleaner: http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/ecleane.htm
    >
    > 4) Empty Recycle Bin.
    >
    > After these are completed, you night do a Defrag.

    Good advice. Also perhaps Spybot, Ad-aware (both updated) and Regleaner
    etc. Easy Cleaner (excellent and easy to use) and Regcleaner find
    different things in the registry but in both cases, in my experience,
    you can delete what they find without qualms.

  5. Re: How can I really clean my PC ?

    On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:13:21 -0800, thanatoid wrote
    (in article ):

    > "Luca" wrote in
    > news:1156438335.255910.93810@75g2000cwc.googlegrou ps.com:
    >
    >> Looks like my PC is filled with unnecessary files,
    >> besides those coming from stupid installations.
    >>
    >> How can I find and trash them ?
    >>
    >> Any help would be greatly appreciated
    >> Thanks in advance
    >>
    >> e.g.
    >>
    >> MSOcache directory is 172 MB ! is it mandatory ?
    >>
    >> Win updates files (I don't precisely know where they are,
    >> but I don't need them on my HD)
    >>

    > Google for "Windows clean-up tweak streamline" (no quotation
    > marks). There are hundreds if not thousands of sites with good
    > advice.
    >
    > Also, you could check out www.litepc.com

    Thanks, I needed that info also -

  6. Re: How can I really clean my PC ?

    On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:13:21 -0800, thanatoid wrote
    (in article ):

    > Google for "Windows clean-up tweak streamline" (no quotation
    > marks). There are hundreds if not thousands of sites with good
    > advice.

    Thanks, I needed that info also

    Dang, I hope this does not double-post, am not used to this newsreader yet,

+ Reply to Thread