Adware or something - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Adware or something - Microsoft Windows ; I have an unwanted file ktfkvew.exe in the Windows System folder. Norton cannot delete it and nor can I. The message says that it is being used by Windows. How can I get rid of it? R...

  1. Adware or something

    I have an unwanted file ktfkvew.exe in the Windows System folder. Norton
    cannot delete it and nor can I. The message says that it is being used by
    Windows. How can I get rid of it?

  2. Re: Adware or something

    Roger Dewhurst wrote:
    > I have an unwanted file ktfkvew.exe in the Windows System folder.
    > Norton cannot delete it and nor can I. The message says that it is
    > being used by Windows. How can I get rid of it?

    Start in failsafe mode then delete it inthe normal way.

  3. Re: Adware or something

    Roger Dewhurst wrote:
    > I have an unwanted file ktfkvew.exe in the Windows System folder. Norton
    > cannot delete it and nor can I. The message says that it is being used by
    > Windows. How can I get rid of it?

    Google for a program called removeonboot or deleteonboot, can't remember
    or find at the moment, but should do the trick

    HTH

    Eric

    --
    To Reply directly delete "removethis" from email address

+ Reply to Thread