SCSI Fun! - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on SCSI Fun! - Microsoft Windows ; I/m trying to create a boot disk for windows 2003 SBS. I have the necessary components on the disk to make it load per this page http://support.microsoft.com/?KBID=325879 ntldr ntdetect ntbootdd.sys boot.ini [boot loader] timeout=30 default=scsi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS [operating systems] scsi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003 ...

  1. SCSI Fun!

    I/m trying to create a boot disk for windows 2003 SBS. I have the
    necessary
    components on the disk to make it load per this page

    http://support.microsoft.com/?KBID=325879

    ntldr
    ntdetect
    ntbootdd.sys
    boot.ini

    [boot loader]
    timeout=30
    default=scsi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
    [operating systems]
    scsi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003 for
    Small Business Server" /fastdetect

    I'm using the 3ware 9500s Escalade card. I'm also using the correct
    windows driver per the 3ware site. when the boot seq. occurs the system
    reads the disk and then spits out this gem.

    "Windows Server 2003 could not start because of a computer disk
    hardware configuration problem. Could not read from selected boot disk.
    Check boot path and disk hardware. Please check the Windows Server 2003
    documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware disk
    configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional
    information. Boot Failed. "

  2. Re: SCSI Fun!

    "jho" wrote:

    >I'm using the 3ware 9500s Escalade card. I'm also using the correct
    >windows driver per the 3ware site. when the boot seq. occurs the system
    >reads the disk and then spits out this gem.

    Using a floppy disk won't get you far anyway. If you want to create a
    useful bootable media, try something like BartPE. You can find it here:
    http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

    Install it, follow the instructions about how to create a CD and store
    the drivers in the required directory. BartPE will create a CD image.
    Burn it to a CD and boot off it.

    >"Windows Server 2003 could not start because of a computer disk
    >hardware configuration problem. Could not read from selected boot disk.
    >Check boot path and disk hardware. Please check the Windows Server 2003
    >documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware disk
    >configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional
    >information. Boot Failed. "

    Did you follow the instructions to the letter, including the renaming of
    the driver? This message sounds a lot like "I can't see anything here".

    Next question, is Windows 2003 already installed on the machine?

    JK'06

+ Reply to Thread