Re: OpenGL compatible screen/window capture - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Re: OpenGL compatible screen/window capture - Microsoft Windows ; "aerosuraj" wrote in news:1148392944.107309.277800@u72g2000cwu.googlegr oups.com: > I am looking for a fast and efficient way to capture an openGL > window on my desktop as an RGB image file. I need to be able > to use this utility from ...

  1. Re: OpenGL compatible screen/window capture

    "aerosuraj" wrote in
    news:1148392944.107309.277800@u72g2000cwu.googlegr oups.com:

    > I am looking for a fast and efficient way to capture an openGL
    > window on my desktop as an RGB image file. I need to be able
    > to use this utility from within a C/C++ program...

    There is sample code to capture a window at
    http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/sc...e%20GDI%20way:

  2. Re: OpenGL compatible screen/window capture

    "aerosuraj" wrote in news:1148479831.071770.39280@38g2000cwa.googlegrou ps.com:

    > Thanks for your response. The sample code that you mentioned captures
    > the screen as a bitmap. Is this always the case with windows? Are
    > there any programs that can be used to capture screen/portion of it as
    > 24 bit RGB image file?

    I have no idea. Since you are using OpenGL, try the documentation
    for your OpenGL functions instead of the GDI functions. Both are linked
    at:

    This newsgroup is very general, and not specific to programming.
    Here are some other newsgroups where you might get more in-depth
    assistance:

+ Reply to Thread