Mystery file: aminf341.exe - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Mystery file: aminf341.exe - Microsoft Windows ; Hullo all, I'm running winxp pro and on my administrator's desktop I have a file named aminf341.exe. An online search connects that filename to flashing roms. This OTOH refuses to be deleted "it is being used by another program... ". ...

  1. Mystery file: aminf341.exe

    Hullo all,

    I'm running winxp pro and on my administrator's desktop I have a
    file named aminf341.exe. An online search connects that filename
    to flashing roms. This OTOH refuses to be deleted "it is being
    used by another program... ".

    mstIsUsedBy, courtesy of mstsoftware.com, simply shows it being
    owned by Explorer.

    The windows task manager doesn't show anything suspicious.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks for any help you can give,
    Robert

  2. Re: Mystery file: aminf341.exe

    morphis@physics.niu.edu wrote:
    > Hullo all,
    >
    > I'm running winxp pro and on my administrator's desktop I have a
    > file named aminf341.exe. An online search connects that filename
    > to flashing roms. This OTOH refuses to be deleted "it is being
    > used by another program... ".
    >
    > mstIsUsedBy, courtesy of mstsoftware.com, simply shows it being
    > owned by Explorer.
    >
    > The windows task manager doesn't show anything suspicious.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Boot in failsafe mode, you should be able to delete it then.

  3. Re: Mystery file: aminf341.exe

    John of Aix wrote:
    > morphis@physics.niu.edu wrote:
    > > Hullo all,
    > >
    > > I'm running winxp pro and on my administrator's desktop I have a
    > > file named aminf341.exe. An online search connects that filename
    > > to flashing roms. This OTOH refuses to be deleted "it is being
    > > used by another program... ".
    > >
    > > mstIsUsedBy, courtesy of mstsoftware.com, simply shows it being
    > > owned by Explorer.
    > >
    > > The windows task manager doesn't show anything suspicious.
    > >
    > > Any suggestions?

    > Boot in failsafe mode, you should be able to delete it then.

    Thanks, forgot about that option.
    Robert

  4. Re: Mystery file: aminf341.exe

    morphis@physics.niu.edu wrote in
    news:1148155435.766530.7730@g10g2000cwb.googlegrou ps.com:

    > John of Aix wrote:
    >> morphis@physics.niu.edu wrote:
    >> > Hullo all,
    >> >
    >> > I'm running winxp pro and on my administrator's desktop
    >> > I have a file named aminf341.exe. An online search
    >> > connects that filename to flashing roms. This OTOH
    >> > refuses to be deleted "it is being used by another
    >> > program... ".
    >> >
    >> > mstIsUsedBy, courtesy of mstsoftware.com, simply shows
    >> > it being owned by Explorer.
    >> >
    >> > The windows task manager doesn't show anything
    >> > suspicious.
    >> >
    >> > Any suggestions?

    >> Boot in failsafe mode, you should be able to delete it
    >> then.

    > Thanks, forgot about that option.
    > Robert

    Just curious... Did you try Spybot-S&D or something? I'm
    curious what the file might actually be (I also thought it
    was an AMI BIOS update file when I saw the name).

    --
    thanatoid-Tip® #22
    Give yourself until about 30. If things don't get rolling by

+ Reply to Thread