Virtual Desktop - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Virtual Desktop - Microsoft Windows ; Can Anyone suggest a virtual desktop software in which I can run the same application in more than one virtual desktop. say an application there and we can't open the same application twice in an machine, is there any software ...

  1. Virtual Desktop

    Can Anyone suggest a virtual desktop software in which I can run the
    same application in more than one virtual desktop.

    say an application there and we can't open the same application twice
    in an machine, is there any software so that i can open the same
    application in different desktop.

    thanks for your help in advance.

  2. Re: Virtual Desktop

    On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Anand wrote:

    > Can Anyone suggest a virtual desktop software in which I can run the
    > same application in more than one virtual desktop.
    >

    > say an application there and we can't open the same application twice
    > in an machine, is there any software so that i can open the same
    > application in different desktop.
    >

    > thanks for your help in advance.

    Not sure exactly what your question is but VIRTUAL PC is software
    that will let you partition and run several versions of Windows
    on the same Hard Disk. I dont recommend it highly however as
    a shop sold me the VPC and then did the setup for it useing
    both WIN95 and WINXP/Pro on the same c: drive and sharing the
    cdrom between both OS'. I bought System Commander V8 however
    which does a better job in that it permits 4 primary partitions
    if your wish. Put LINUX on 1, Winxp on another partition,
    Dos on its own partition. Any kind of DOS okay.
    Joe

  3. Re: Virtual Desktop

    VMWare is worth extra money, my tests allowed me to run twice as many
    virtual machines with VMWare then with VirtualPC on the same machine.

+ Reply to Thread