Program Window "off-screen" - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Program Window "off-screen" - Microsoft Windows ; Help! Win XP The Control Program for my Lexmark printer runs "Always run minimized" option, which I was quite happy with. Lately I have had an issue with a cartridge and needed to use the control program - it runs ...

  1. Program Window "off-screen"

    Help!

    Win XP

    The Control Program for my Lexmark printer runs "Always run minimized"
    option, which I was quite happy with.

    Lately I have had an issue with a cartridge and needed to use the
    control program - it runs minimized. I've tried right-clicking it in
    the taskbar and choosing "Move" (the only other option is "Close"),
    but the mouse pointer then appears at the top-right of the screen,
    with the usual four pointed "move" arrow, but when I click and try and
    move the invisible lexmark control panel screen, nothing happens.

    I have downloaded latest drivers and re-installed - still runs
    minimized!

    I guess the question is - how do I get it back to running normally? Is
    it a registry change, or ini file ??

    Any help appreciated.

    TIA

    Steve

  2. Re: Program Window "off-screen"

    20.04.2006 10:40, Steve Simons schrob:

    > I guess the question is - how do I get it back to running normally?

    Hit Alt+Space and then use the arrow keys.

    > Is it a registry change, or ini file ??

    I don't have the program, but why don't you look yourself?
    Search the reg für "Lexmark" and stuff.
    --
    Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
    http://www.stud.tu-ilmenau.de/~frst-ii/

  3. Re: Program Window "off-screen"

    Steve Simons wrote:
    > Help!
    >
    > Win XP
    >
    > The Control Program for my Lexmark printer runs "Always run minimized"
    > option, which I was quite happy with.
    >
    > Lately I have had an issue with a cartridge and needed to use the
    > control program - it runs minimized. I've tried right-clicking it in
    > the taskbar

    Why right click? A simple left click usually opens things in the
    taskbar, or a double-click if in the tray

  4. Re: Program Window "off-screen"

    Hi Frank

    Thanks for that, the ALT+Space worked perfectly. I should have thought
    of it myself.

    Steve

    On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 11:51:56 +0200, Frank Steinmetzger
    wrote:

    >20.04.2006 10:40, Steve Simons schrob:
    >
    >> I guess the question is - how do I get it back to running normally?

    >Hit Alt+Space and then use the arrow keys.
    >
    >> Is it a registry change, or ini file ??

    >I don't have the program, but why don't you look yourself?
    >Search the reg für "Lexmark" and stuff.

  5. Re: Program Window "off-screen"

    Hi John

    Thanks for the suggestions, but the program launches minimized and
    when I left-click in the taskbar it does nothing. If I right click the
    only options were "Move or Close".

    Frank's suggestions ofALT+Space have sorted it out.

    Thanks again

    Steve

    On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 20:05:59 +0200, "John of Aix"
    wrote:

    >Steve Simons wrote:
    >> Help!
    >>
    >> Win XP
    >>
    >> The Control Program for my Lexmark printer runs "Always run minimized"
    >> option, which I was quite happy with.
    >>
    >> Lately I have had an issue with a cartridge and needed to use the
    >> control program - it runs minimized. I've tried right-clicking it in
    >> the taskbar

    >Why right click? A simple left click usually opens things in the
    >taskbar, or a double-click if in the tray

  6. Re: Program Window "off-screen"

    Steve Simons wrote:
    > Hi John
    >
    > Thanks for the suggestions, but the program launches minimized and
    > when I left-click in the taskbar it does nothing. If I right click the
    > only options were "Move or Close".
    >
    > Frank's suggestions ofALT+Space have sorted it out.
    >
    > Thanks again

    You're welcome, glad you've got it sorted out.

+ Reply to Thread