[help] strange xp behavior - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on [help] strange xp behavior - Microsoft Windows ; i reinstall my xp prof on my 1.8G pc with 512 ram. but i cannot run taskman, cmd, regedit, norton antivirus. however i can run many other things including telnet, media player. i reinstall again, but this weird thing happens ...

  1. [help] strange xp behavior

    i reinstall my xp prof on my 1.8G pc with 512 ram.
    but i cannot run taskman, cmd, regedit, norton antivirus.
    however i can run many other things including telnet, media player.
    i reinstall again, but this weird thing happens again
    any ideas how to proceed?
    - thx in adv

  2. Re: [help] strange xp behavior

    jackie wrote:
    > i reinstall my xp prof on my 1.8G pc with 512 ram.
    > but i cannot run taskman, cmd, regedit, norton antivirus.
    > however i can run many other things including telnet, media player.
    > i reinstall again, but this weird thing happens again
    > any ideas how to proceed?
    > - thx in adv

    Are you sure you have installed with full access (administrator) and not
    a limited account?

  3. Re: [help] strange xp behavior

    Problem fixed ... PC was inflected by Trojan Horse and has been cleaned by
    AVG.
    Thanks for any input ;-)

    "John of Aix" 写入消息新闻
    :4447ce1b$0$29205$8fcfb975@news.wanadoo.fr...
    > jackie wrote:
    > > i reinstall my xp prof on my 1.8G pc with 512 ram.
    > > but i cannot run taskman, cmd, regedit, norton antivirus.
    > > however i can run many other things including telnet, media player.
    > > i reinstall again, but this weird thing happens again
    > > any ideas how to proceed?
    > > - thx in adv

    > Are you sure you have installed with full access (administrator) and not
    > a limited account?

+ Reply to Thread