Stop 50 - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Stop 50 - Microsoft Windows ; I was working on someones computer (the standard virus/spyware job), and gave it back to them. As soon as they got it home, they got a stop 50. I took a look at it, and it said: STOP 0x00000050 (0xe2ecf000, ...

  1. Stop 50

    I was working on someones computer (the standard virus/spyware job), and
    gave it back to them. As soon as they got it home, they got a stop 50. I
    took a look at it, and it said:
    STOP 0x00000050 (0xe2ecf000, 0x00000000, 0x8057fbce, 0x00000013)

    This occurs as soon as the user selection screen come up. I searched the
    web and Microsoft's website, and tried some of their ideas. It's not
    Haxdoor, Spyware.Service.MiscrosoftUpdate, or Roxio.

    The strange parts are that:
    1. the hard drive cuts off as soon as the stop occurs
    2. this happened RIGHT after I finished my job.

    Desperately in need of help,

    poly-p man

  2. Re: Stop 50

    Poly-poly man wrote:
    > I was working on someones computer (the standard virus/spyware job), and
    > gave it back to them. As soon as they got it home, they got a stop 50. I
    > took a look at it, and it said:
    > STOP 0x00000050 (0xe2ecf000, 0x00000000, 0x8057fbce, 0x00000013)
    >
    > This occurs as soon as the user selection screen come up. I searched the
    > web and Microsoft's website, and tried some of their ideas. It's not
    > Haxdoor, Spyware.Service.MiscrosoftUpdate, or Roxio.
    >
    > The strange parts are that:
    > 1. the hard drive cuts off as soon as the stop occurs
    > 2. this happened RIGHT after I finished my job.
    >
    > Desperately in need of help,
    >
    > poly-p man

    Btw, I tried the hard drive in an equivalent computer (Dimension 2400)
    and it did exactly the same thing.

    Safe mode works

    poly-p man

  3. Re: Stop 50

    Poly-poly man wrote:
    > I was working on someones computer (the standard virus/spyware job), and
    > gave it back to them. As soon as they got it home, they got a stop 50. I
    > took a look at it, and it said:
    > STOP 0x00000050 (0xe2ecf000, 0x00000000, 0x8057fbce, 0x00000013)
    >
    > This occurs as soon as the user selection screen come up. I searched the
    > web and Microsoft's website, and tried some of their ideas. It's not
    > Haxdoor, Spyware.Service.MiscrosoftUpdate, or Roxio.
    >
    > The strange parts are that:
    > 1. the hard drive cuts off as soon as the stop occurs
    > 2. this happened RIGHT after I finished my job.
    >
    > Desperately in need of help,
    >
    > poly-p man

    TRY THIS: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329293

    HTH