Red Alert install problem on Virtual PC - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Red Alert install problem on Virtual PC - Microsoft Windows ; I'm trying to install Red Alert 2 on a virtual PC image. Whether I try on an NT or 98SE image the program just freezes with a small white square in the middle of the screen. I figure its either ...

  1. Red Alert install problem on Virtual PC

    I'm trying to install Red Alert 2 on a virtual PC image. Whether I try
    on an NT or 98SE image the program just freezes with a small white
    square in the middle of the screen.

    I figure its either the graphic or sound card emulation.

    Any suggestions?

  2. Re: Red Alert install problem on Virtual PC

    if it is VPC 7 it is emulating a PII with ~256mb ram and emulating the
    video card, not using the hardware. This causes problems with most
    games and intensive graphics apps.

  3. Re: Red Alert install problem on Virtual PC

    In article <1145457249.254160.323360@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups. com>,
    "jeremysegars@gmail.com" wrote:

    > if it is VPC 7 it is emulating a PII with ~256mb ram and emulating the
    > video card, not using the hardware. This causes problems with most
    > games and intensive graphics apps.

    So I guess I'm out of luck then. Thanks anyway.

+ Reply to Thread