stop autoscroll - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on stop autoscroll - Microsoft Windows ; Please any help how to stop the jiggling in vertical directions. When I type in MS word or any text editor, my screen auto scrolls by itself. It annoys me a lot as when I switch my eyes from keyboard ...

  1. stop autoscroll

    Please any help how to stop the jiggling in vertical directions.

    When I type in MS word or any text editor, my screen auto scrolls by itself.
    It annoys me a lot as when I switch my eyes from keyboard to the screen. The
    whole thing just jiggling around, moslty in the vertical directions. On the
    screen it shows small scroll bar besides the mouse cursor.

    There gotta be the feature in windows to stop the autoscrolling.

    Thanks for the help.

    AK

  2. Re: stop autoscroll

    "Ahmed" writes:
    > Please any help how to stop the jiggling in vertical directions.
    >
    > When I type in MS word or any text editor, my screen auto scrolls by itself.
    > It annoys me a lot as when I switch my eyes from keyboard to the screen. The
    > whole thing just jiggling around, moslty in the vertical directions. On the
    > screen it shows small scroll bar besides the mouse cursor.
    >
    > There gotta be the feature in windows to stop the autoscrolling.

    Check the Scroll Lock button. Or see if a reboot clears up the
    problem. If it's a laptop, some have scroll buttons on the mouse
    that can get you into a funky mode.

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

  3. Re: stop autoscroll

    Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:16:12 GMT, Ahmed schrob:

    > Please any help how to stop the jiggling in vertical directions.
    >
    > When I type in MS word or any text editor, my screen auto scrolls by itself.
    > It annoys me a lot as when I switch my eyes from keyboard to the screen. The
    > whole thing just jiggling around, moslty in the vertical directions. On the
    > screen it shows small scroll bar besides the mouse cursor.
    >
    > There gotta be the feature in windows to stop the autoscrolling.
    >
    > Thanks for the help.
    >
    > AK

    Are you working on a laptop? Those small bars next to the cursor come from
    the synaptics touchpad driver. Either switch off the virtual scroll feature
    or change the position of your hands while typing (more to the side, so the
    heels of your hands don't touch the pad.
    --
    Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
    http://www.stud.tu-ilmenau.de/~frst-ii/

  4. Re: stop autoscroll

    Ahmed wrote:
    > Please any help how to stop the jiggling in vertical directions.
    >
    > When I type in MS word or any text editor, my screen auto scrolls by
    > itself. It annoys me a lot as when I switch my eyes from keyboard to
    > the screen. The whole thing just jiggling around, moslty in the
    > vertical directions. On the screen it shows small scroll bar besides
    > the mouse cursor.
    > There gotta be the feature in windows to stop the autoscrolling.

    I suspect it isn't Word but your mouse, multi-buttons is it not? A click
    on the big button in the middle of this type of mouse often activates
    the scroll.

  5. Re: stop autoscroll

    Thanks Frank. I disabled the synaptics touchpad and now everything rocks.

    "Frank Steinmetzger" wrote in message
    > Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:16:12 GMT, Ahmed schrob:
    >
    >> Please any help how to stop the jiggling in vertical directions.
    >>
    >> When I type in MS word or any text editor, my screen auto scrolls by
    >> itself.
    >> It annoys me a lot as when I switch my eyes from keyboard to the screen.
    >> The
    >> whole thing just jiggling around, moslty in the vertical directions. On
    >> the
    >> screen it shows small scroll bar besides the mouse cursor.
    >>
    >> There gotta be the feature in windows to stop the autoscrolling.
    >>
    >> Thanks for the help.
    >>
    >> AK

    > Are you working on a laptop? Those small bars next to the cursor come from
    > the synaptics touchpad driver. Either switch off the virtual scroll
    > feature
    > or change the position of your hands while typing (more to the side, so
    > the
    > heels of your hands don't touch the pad.
    > --
    > Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
    > http://www.stud.tu-ilmenau.de/~frst-ii/

+ Reply to Thread