Starting 2 CD from virtual drive does not work - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Starting 2 CD from virtual drive does not work - Microsoft Windows ; Hi i have some educational games (ADDY)that contains 2 CD's. To not need to use the CD's all the time i tried to make virtual disks out of these 2 CD's. Creating the VD's did work correct and also the ...

  1. Starting 2 CD from virtual drive does not work

    Hi

    i have some educational games (ADDY)that contains 2 CD's.
    To not need to use the CD's all the time i tried to make virtual disks out
    of these 2 CD's.
    Creating the VD's did work correct and also the game from CD1 could be
    started from VD. But as soon as the game should go to the second CD nothing
    happened.

    Does someone have an idea or hint how to handle this problem?

    thanks in advance for your help

    Regards Martin

  2. Re: Starting 2 CD from virtual drive does not work

    Mon, 5 Dec 2005 14:35:15 +0100, moser martin schrob:

    > i have some educational games (ADDY)that contains 2 CD's.
    > To not need to use the CD's all the time i tried to make virtual disks out
    > of these 2 CD's.
    > Creating the VD's did work correct and also the game from CD1 could be
    > started from VD. But as soon as the game should go to the second CD nothing
    > happened.
    >
    > Does someone have an idea or hint how to handle this problem?

    Your information is too unspecific. What program do you use for mounting
    the virtual images? Which format are they of? Maybe the second disc has
    some copy protection.
    --
    Gruß | Greetings | Qapla' - http://www.stud.tu-ilmenau.de/~frst-ii/

  3. Re: Starting 2 CD from virtual drive does not work

    Hi Frank

    I use "virtual drive 7" to make VD's for both CD's.

    Both VD are assigned to different drive letters.

    Using "virtual drive 7" with only one CD works without problems

    i tried to copy the contents from both CD's to one VD, this did not

    work either.

    "moser martin" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi
    >
    > i have some educational games (ADDY)that contains 2 CD's.
    > To not need to use the CD's all the time i tried to make virtual disks out
    > of these 2 CD's.
    > Creating the VD's did work correct and also the game from CD1 could be
    > started from VD. But as soon as the game should go to the second CD
    > nothing happened.
    >
    > Does someone have an idea or hint how to handle this problem?
    >
    > thanks in advance for your help
    >

    > Regards Martin

+ Reply to Thread