Windows 2.0 - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Windows 2.0 - Microsoft Windows ; Hi, Where can I download Windows 2.0? I've done a search but it seems that all the links I've been able to find are dead....

  1. Windows 2.0

    Hi,

    Where can I download Windows 2.0? I've done a search but it seems that
    all the links I've been able to find are dead.

  2. Re: Windows 2.0

    I've got Win 2.0, but the site I got it from no longer exists. Contact me
    directly (t.ponta@worldnet.att.net), and I'll send it to you if you wish.

    Tom

    wrote in message
    news:1133725287.266376.73420@g49g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Where can I download Windows 2.0? I've done a search but it seems that
    > all the links I've been able to find are dead.

  3. Re: Windows 2.0

    bond007clone@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Where can I download Windows 2.0? I've done a search but it seems that
    > all the links I've been able to find are dead.

    What I want to know is ... why would anyone want it?

  4. Re: Windows 2.0

    I tried to send you the files, but the system rejected them saying your
    EMail doesn't exist. Try me again with a working EMail, and I'll send them.

    Tom

    wrote in message
    news:1133725287.266376.73420@g49g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Where can I download Windows 2.0? I've done a search but it seems that
    > all the links I've been able to find are dead.

  5. Re: Windows 2.0

    What I want to know is ... why do you care enough to ask?

    "Twisted One" wrote in message
    > bond007clone@gmail.com wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Where can I download Windows 2.0? I've done a search but it seems that
    >> all the links I've been able to find are dead.

    > What I want to know is ... why would anyone want it?
    >
    > --
    > http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/right-to-read.html
    > Palladium? Trusted Computing? DRM? Microsoft? Sauron.
    > "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them
    > One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them."

  6. Re: Windows 2.0

    Thomas Ponta wrote:
    > What I want to know is ... why do you care enough to ask?

    What I want to know is ... why is curiosity against the law?

    Oh yeah, now I remember -- it isn't!

    You must admit that it's a very unusual request -- not only for a
    windows version, or even an obsolete version, but a version from the 80s
    from before windows was ever even popular!

  7. Re: Windows 2.0

    Of course it's not illegal. It's just a little rude and counterproductive
    under the circumstances. I know when I post a request, what I'm looking for
    is a constructive reply, not a put-down from someone who's so bored with his
    own life he has to liven it up by denigrating somone else's.
    > Thomas Ponta wrote:
    >> What I want to know is ... why do you care enough to ask?

    > What I want to know is ... why is curiosity against the law?
    >
    > Oh yeah, now I remember -- it isn't!
    >
    > You must admit that it's a very unusual request -- not only for a windows
    > version, or even an obsolete version, but a version from the 80s from
    > before windows was ever even popular!
    >
    > --
    > http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/right-to-read.html
    > Palladium? Trusted Computing? DRM? Microsoft? Sauron.
    > "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them
    > One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them."

  8. Re: Windows 2.0

    Thomas Ponta wrote:
    > Of course it's not illegal. It's just a little rude and counterproductive
    > under the circumstances. I know when I post a request, what I'm looking for
    > is a constructive reply, not a put-down from someone who's so bored with his
    > own life he has to liven it up by denigrating somone else's.

    What put-down? I simply asked why you wanted Windows 2.0. That's a put-down?

  9. Re: Windows 2.0

    Your reply to the mans request was "What I want to know is ... why would
    anyone want it?" Hardly helpful and somewhat disparaging in my view.

    If you don't have the files, or simply choose not to share them, that's
    certainly your right. If that's the case, why get involved in the
    discussion at all?

    Also, I'm not the one who asked for the files. I'm the one who has them and
    chose to share them.

    > Thomas Ponta wrote:
    >> Of course it's not illegal. It's just a little rude and
    >> counterproductive under the circumstances. I know when I post a request,
    >> what I'm looking for is a constructive reply, not a put-down from someone
    >> who's so bored with his own life he has to liven it up by denigrating
    >> somone else's.

    > What put-down? I simply asked why you wanted Windows 2.0. That's a
    > put-down?
    >
    > --
    > http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/right-to-read.html
    > Palladium? Trusted Computing? DRM? Microsoft? Sauron.
    > "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them
    > One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them."

  10. Re: Windows 2.0

    Thomas Ponta wrote:
    > If you don't have the files, or simply choose not to share them, that's
    > certainly your right. If that's the case, why get involved in the
    > discussion at all?

    Because I am curious. How else will I get the question answered?

  11. Re: Windows 2.0

    Well, since it means so much to you, I'll tell you that the reason I have
    the old files is partly nostalgia, and also to show my daughter how Windows
    looked in the old days. I have no idea why the other guy asked for them in
    the first place.

    > Thomas Ponta wrote:
    >> If you don't have the files, or simply choose not to share them, that's
    >> certainly your right. If that's the case, why get involved in the
    >> discussion at all?

    > Because I am curious. How else will I get the question answered?
    >
    > --
    > http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/right-to-read.html
    > Palladium? Trusted Computing? DRM? Microsoft? Sauron.
    > "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them
    > One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them."

+ Reply to Thread