Keyboard - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Keyboard - Microsoft Windows ; Any ideas why the lower Case '' C"will not print ? Upper Case is OK, but not the lower Case(am having to use the upper Case in this message), all other letters and symbols seem OK....

  1. Keyboard

    Any ideas why the lower Case '' C"will not print ?
    Upper Case is OK, but not the lower Case(am having to use
    the upper Case in this message), all other letters and symbols
    seem OK.

  2. Re: Keyboard

    irwell wrote:
    > Any ideas why the lower Case '' C"will not print ?
    > Upper Case is OK, but not the lower Case(am having to use
    > the upper Case in this message), all other letters and symbols
    > seem OK.

    Dirt.

  3. Re: Keyboard

    irwell writes:
    > Any ideas why the lower Case '' C"will not print ?
    > Upper Case is OK, but not the lower Case(am having to use
    > the upper Case in this message), all other letters and symbols
    > seem OK.

    Keyboards do go bad. And are very inexpensive to replace.

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

  4. Re: Keyboard

    On 21 Nov 2005 13:17:24 -0600, comphelp@toddh.net (Todd H.) wrote:

    >irwell writes:
    >> Any ideas why the lower Case '' C"will not print ?
    >> Upper Case is OK, but not the lower Case(am having to use
    >> the upper Case in this message), all other letters and symbols
    >> seem OK.

    >Keyboards do go bad. And are very inexpensive to replace.

    Thanks for replying. I tried replacing with another keyboard,
    same problem.
    I had installed and then uninstalled a couple of Clipboard programs.
    This seemed to be the problem as a reset to the date prior to
    the installation/uninstallation activity solved the problem.
    Back to having the lower case 'c' again, it was a bit worrying as
    the 'c' was used in a couple of passwords that were case sensitive.

  5. Re: Keyboard

    irwell writes:
    > On 21 Nov 2005 13:17:24 -0600, comphelp@toddh.net (Todd H.) wrote:
    >
    > >irwell writes:
    > >> Any ideas why the lower Case '' C"will not print ?
    > >> Upper Case is OK, but not the lower Case(am having to use
    > >> the upper Case in this message), all other letters and symbols
    > >> seem OK.

    > >Keyboards do go bad. And are very inexpensive to replace.

    > Thanks for replying. I tried replacing with another keyboard,
    > same problem.

    Well that rules out that problem. :-)

    > I had installed and then uninstalled a couple of Clipboard programs.
    > This seemed to be the problem as a reset to the date prior to
    > the installation/uninstallation activity solved the problem.
    > Back to having the lower case 'c' again, it was a bit worrying as
    > the 'c' was used in a couple of passwords that were case sensitive.

    Oy, that's pretty weird for an app to have that affect. Glad you got
    it solved.

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

  6. Re: Keyboard

    Todd H. wrote:
    > irwell writes:

    >>> Keyboards do go bad. And are very inexpensive to replace.

    >> Thanks for replying. I tried replacing with another keyboard,
    >> same problem.

    > Well that rules out that problem. :-)
    >
    >> I had installed and then uninstalled a couple of Clipboard programs.
    >> This seemed to be the problem as a reset to the date prior to
    >> the installation/uninstallation activity solved the problem.
    >> Back to having the lower case 'c' again, it was a bit worrying as
    >> the 'c' was used in a couple of passwords that were case sensitive.

    > Oy, that's pretty weird for an app to have that affect.

    I agree. Most odd. The only 'logical' explanation I can see is some sort
    of mix up with hot-keys, C for clipboard after all. Whatever, it sounds
    like bad programming on someone's part.

  7. Re: Keyboard

    On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 09:11:01 +0100, "John of Aix"
    wrote:

    >Todd H. wrote:
    >> irwell writes:

    >>> Thanks for replying. I tried replacing with another keyboard,
    >>> same problem.

    >> Well that rules out that problem. :-)
    >>
    >>> I had installed and then uninstalled a couple of Clipboard programs.
    >>> This seemed to be the problem as a reset to the date prior to
    >>> the installation/uninstallation activity solved the problem.
    >>> Back to having the lower case 'c' again, it was a bit worrying as
    >>> the 'c' was used in a couple of passwords that were case sensitive.

    >> Oy, that's pretty weird for an app to have that affect.

    >I agree. Most odd. The only 'logical' explanation I can see is some sort
    >of mix up with hot-keys, C for clipboard after all. Whatever, it sounds
    >like bad programming on someone's part.

    Thanks for replying, it is a weird thing, but one of the Clipboard
    programmes was acting funny, hence the reason for uninstalling.

  8. Re: Keyboard

    The hot-key explaination certainly seems to make the most sense. Since most
    hot-key combo's use either Ctrl or Alt, you might check to see if one of
    them is stuck. A stuck Ctrl or Alt key wouldn't necessarilly be apparent
    unless you happened to hit on a defined hot-key combo.

    "irwell" wrote in message
    > On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 09:11:01 +0100, "John of Aix"
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Todd H. wrote:

    >>> Well that rules out that problem. :-)

    >>> Oy, that's pretty weird for an app to have that affect.

    >>I agree. Most odd. The only 'logical' explanation I can see is some sort
    >>of mix up with hot-keys, C for clipboard after all. Whatever, it sounds
    >>like bad programming on someone's part.
    >>

    > Thanks for replying, it is a weird thing, but one of the Clipboard
    > programmes was acting funny, hence the reason for uninstalling.

+ Reply to Thread