Windows XP Pro Install Problem - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Windows XP Pro Install Problem - Microsoft Windows ; Hi, Installed WinXP Pro on one computer, then moved the hard drive to another, when I tried to run the installation, I recieved an error message talking about Removing viruses, running CHKDSK /f, and rebooting the computer, can anyone get ...

  1. Windows XP Pro Install Problem

    Hi,
    Installed WinXP Pro on one computer, then moved the hard drive to
    another, when I tried to run the installation, I recieved an error
    message talking about Removing viruses, running CHKDSK /f, and
    rebooting the computer, can anyone get my computer running again?

  2. Re: Windows XP Pro Install Problem

    "JesusFreak" writes:
    > Hi,
    > Installed WinXP Pro on one computer, then moved the hard drive to
    > another, when I tried to run the installation, I recieved an error
    > message talking about Removing viruses, running CHKDSK /f, and
    > rebooting the computer, can anyone get my computer running again?

    Moving installs is generally a tricky thing unless you run sysprep.exe
    or do other things to get windows to have the right driver complement
    for the motherboard in question.

    More details are needed. What's motherboard A and processor, and what
    is B. What are the actual error messages? Could be some bios boot
    sector changed sorts of warnings on computer B that need to be reset,
    could be a lot of things.

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/