Making an ISO disk image from audio-CD - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Making an ISO disk image from audio-CD - Microsoft Windows ; I'm trying to upload an audio CD (no, it's not copyrighted) so that someone else can download the data and burn an exact copy of it. Should I create an ISO image of the CD for this? If so, can ...

  1. Making an ISO disk image from audio-CD

    I'm trying to upload an audio CD (no, it's not copyrighted) so
    that someone else can download the data and burn an exact copy of it.
    Should I create an ISO image of the CD for this?
    If so, can this be done with Nero ("5.5.3.1 bundled"), and if yes
    -how? It's not very obvious, and I can't say it's the most
    user-friendly program I've seen.

    If not, are there any freeware programs that can be used to make
    ISO images (or whatever else people can use to make a CD of it)?

    --
    Hallvard

  2. Re: Making an ISO disk image from audio-CD

    > I'm trying to upload an audio CD (no, it's not copyrighted) so
    > that someone else can download the data and burn an exact copy of it.
    > Should I create an ISO image of the CD for this?
    > If so, can this be done with Nero ("5.5.3.1 bundled"), and if yes
    > -how? It's not very obvious, and I can't say it's the most
    > user-friendly program I've seen.

    Has it got a copy CD option ? (try Nero Express if it has that built in)
    - it`ll probably rip the data to HD in .nrg format, which can then be
    zipped and sent to the other user.

    > If not, are there any freeware programs that can be used to make
    > ISO images (or whatever else people can use to make a CD of it)?

    If you don't mind turning it into an mp3, try "cd-da xtractor" from
    http://www.sourceforge.net - it has the LAME encoder built in, and its
    about the easiest CD ripper i`ve ever seen / used - its what I recommend
    for complete computer dunces, but its remarkably good, so I use it
    myself too :-}

    Depending on just how much of an exact copy you want to make of it, try
    looking for a FLAC codec - its a lossless compression format for audio
    so you lose *none* of the original sound (as you would converting to
    mp3) - the "compressed" size will still likely be in the region of 300Mb
    whereas an mp3 conversion may range from 60-80Mb

    --
    Please add the word "newsgroup" in the subject line of personal emails
    **** My email address includes "ngspamtrap" and "@btinternet.com" ****

+ Reply to Thread