Win2K autometic start services.. - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Win2K autometic start services.. - Microsoft Windows ; The system is Win2K. The box is used for personal desktop connected to dept LAN. The following services are autometically started by the sysetm at boot, others are shown as manual start. Which of these are not needed or are ...

  1. Win2K autometic start services..

    The system is Win2K. The box is used for personal desktop
    connected to dept LAN. The following services are autometically
    started by the sysetm at boot, others are shown as manual start.
    Which of these are not needed or are a potential problem in my
    scenario?

    Autoupdates
    Browser
    DHCP Client
    Distributed Link Traffic
    Even Log
    IPSEC Policy
    Logical Disk Manager
    Messenger
    Plug and Play
    Print Spooler
    Protected Storage
    Remote Procesure Call
    Remote Registry
    Remote Storage
    RunAs Service
    Removable Storage
    Security Accounts
    Server
    System Event Notifier
    Task Schduler
    TCP/IP Netbios
    Windows Management
    Workstation

    All pointers will be appreciated.
    -ishwar

  2. Re: Win2K autometic start services..

    On 22 Aug 2005 09:21:51 -0700, rattan@cps.cmich.edu wrote:

    >The system is Win2K. The box is used for personal desktop
    >connected to dept LAN. The following services are autometically
    >started by the sysetm at boot, others are shown as manual start.
    >Which of these are not needed or are a potential problem in my
    >scenario?

    It's written with XP in mind, but Black Viper's Service Configuration
    page (mirror: http://majorgeeks.com/page.php?id=12 ) lists which
    services are hot, and which are not. Since XP is pretty much a
    gussied-up Win2K, a lot of the list holds true.

+ Reply to Thread