Hi,

Over the last couple days, one of our laptops has started having
problems connecting with the router. The laptop is an inspiron 5100,
xp home sp2, and the router is a netgear. The router's a couple years
old and doesn't have wpa.

The laptop will connect without encryption, but when wep is turned on,
it will detect the network but can't connect. No software changes
recently, and the router settings haven't been touched since it's been
working. The only thing I can think of that might have changed the
wireless software is an automatic update. I've tried system restore,
but no luck. I reset the router as well, but no change.

Any ideas?

Thanks