security settings in Windows for chat - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on security settings in Windows for chat - Microsoft Windows ; Hi, One of my computers is connected to the Internet, but it doesn't allow chat or other programs that connect to other computers. For example, Yahoo! games don't work either, at least the multiplayer ones. The security settings were set ...

  1. security settings in Windows for chat

    Hi,

    One of my computers is connected to the Internet, but it doesn't allow
    chat or other programs that connect to other computers. For example,
    Yahoo! games don't work either, at least the multiplayer ones. The
    security settings were set up by another person, and I am wondering
    what would likely need to be changed in order to allow better
    multiperson interactions.

    Thanks in advance for any help.

  2. Re: security settings in Windows for chat

    > One of my computers is connected to the Internet, but it doesn't allow
    > chat or other programs that connect to other computers. For example,
    > Yahoo! games don't work either, at least the multiplayer ones. The
    > security settings were set up by another person, and I am wondering
    > what would likely need to be changed in order to allow better
    > multiperson interactions.

    Try hovering your mouse over each of the programs in the systray (bottom
    right of your screen) and report back with the names of the programs -
    it sounds like you have a firewall that might be blocking them, or
    perhaps its your security zone settings for Internet Explorer.

  3. Re: security settings in Windows for chat

    Make sure you have Java installed.

+ Reply to Thread