Problems using RDC - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Problems using RDC - Microsoft Windows ; I succesfully used "Remote Desktop Connection" with a dial-up modem line until I had to reinstall modem driver. Since then, when I try to connect, the remote computer displays a window asking if you grant access to the user (me) ...

  1. Problems using RDC

    I succesfully used "Remote Desktop Connection" with a dial-up modem line
    until I had to reinstall modem driver.

    Since then, when I try to connect, the remote computer displays a window
    asking if you grant access to the user (me) then the connection will be shut
    down, with a "Yes/No" choice.

    Then if I try to connect using RDC, and one person click "Yes" then I get
    access for one second before the modem hook, otherwise, I get no access at
    all.

    Does anybody have a clue on that matter?
    Thanks fou your help.
    Nicolas Poirier

  2. Re: Problems using RDC

    Nicolas,

    Is it possible the remote computer still has another user logged in?
    Another thing: look closely at all of the message window that you get, document, and post back.

    Does it show: "Logon Message" or "Request for Connection". Then what's the remaining exact text.

    It seems the message you mention would be shown to the "other" party that is connected.

    How many other accounts use the "remote" host?
    And I'm presuming you've verified the modem driver is the correct & latest one, and, otherwise works for all other modem usage.

    --
    Maurice N
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell / User

    Nicolas Poirier wrote:
    > I succesfully used "Remote Desktop Connection" with a dial-up modem
    > line until I had to reinstall modem driver.
    >
    > Since then, when I try to connect, the remote computer displays a
    > window asking if you grant access to the user (me) then the
    > connection will be shut down, with a "Yes/No" choice.
    >
    > Then if I try to connect using RDC, and one person click "Yes" then I
    > get access for one second before the modem hook, otherwise, I get no
    > access at all.
    >
    > Does anybody have a clue on that matter?
    > Thanks fou your help.
    > Nicolas Poirier

  3. Re: Problems using RDC

    It's WinXP Pro + Same modem + Same Driver. Previous problems are irrelevant
    here.

    Of course on local user account must be open to connect to internet and tell
    me IP address of connection by phone. Then when I try to log in my account,
    I have priviledge to close any other opened account but modem connection
    should stay.

    I suspect some check box in modem configuration telling "Close all active
    connections on account shut down" or something of the sort but I cannot
    verify configuration on remote computer because I cannot access it...

    Thank you.
    Nicolas Poirier

    Nicolas Poirier wrote:
    > I succesfully used "Remote Desktop Connection" with a dial-up modem
    > line until I had to reinstall modem driver.
    >
    > Since then, when I try to connect, the remote computer displays a
    > window asking if you grant access to the user (me) then the
    > connection will be shut down, with a "Yes/No" choice.
    >
    > Then if I try to connect using RDC, and one person click "Yes" then I
    > get access for one second before the modem hook, otherwise, I get no
    > access at all.
    >
    > Does anybody have a clue on that matter?
    > Thanks fou your help.
    > Nicolas Poirier

+ Reply to Thread