Windows XP and PowerPoint - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Windows XP and PowerPoint - Microsoft Windows ; Every time a user opens PowerPoint 2000 her computer resets her display setting to 800x600. As soon as she closes PP it goes back to 1280x1024. Anyone got any suggestions? I've tried reinstalling Office. I have also tried upgrating her ...

  1. Windows XP and PowerPoint

    Every time a user opens PowerPoint 2000 her computer resets her display
    setting to 800x600. As soon as she closes PP it goes back to
    1280x1024. Anyone got any suggestions? I've tried reinstalling Office.
    I have also tried upgrating her video driver. I am still having no
    luck.

    Thanks in advance,

    Mike

  2. Re: Windows XP and PowerPoint

    Could be a custom loader. Check the contents of the
    C:\WINDOWS\AppPatch or C:\WINNT\AppPatch depending on the version of
    Windows. Let me know what is in that folder.

  3. Re: Windows XP and PowerPoint

    Thanks for the reply. These are the files I found in the AppPatch
    folder.

    AcGenral.dll
    AcLayers.dll
    AcLua.dll
    AcSpecfc.dll
    AcXtrnal.dll
    AcXtrnal.dll
    apphelp.sdb
    drvmain.sdb
    msimain.sdb
    sysmain.sdb

  4. Re: Windows XP and PowerPoint

    That all looks fine. The only other thing you could do that I can
    think of is run filemon.exe when loading powerpoint and see what files
    it is calling. Do a search for it. It's free. You can post that log
    if you wish. Just filter it for powerpnt.exe

+ Reply to Thread