Auto logon - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Auto logon - Microsoft Windows ; Hi Does anyone know if there is a software program which goes threw the sometimes complex logon procedures? I need to logon to my computer 10 to 15 times an hour. It sucks....

  1. Auto logon

    Hi Does anyone know if there is a software program which goes threw the
    sometimes complex logon procedures? I need to logon to my computer 10
    to 15 times an hour. It sucks.

  2. Re: Auto logon

    joe wrote:
    > Hi Does anyone know if there is a software program which goes threw the
    > sometimes complex logon procedures? I need to logon to my computer 10
    > to 15 times an hour. It sucks.

    ctrl-alt-delete and enter a password is complex??? Instead of
    constantly logging on and off your computer, why not just ctrl-alt-del
    and pick the "lock computer" option instead of logging off? That way
    you won't have to wait for the various programs to start up after you
    log in...

    Jim

  3. Re: Auto logon

    "joe" writes:
    > Hi Does anyone know if there is a software program which goes threw the
    > sometimes complex logon procedures? I need to logon to my computer 10
    > to 15 times an hour. It sucks.

    You don't specify which version of windows, but there are registry
    keys and settings for automating login to a single computer, but if
    there's a domain involved, I'm not sure. As stated, your question is
    not easy to answer.

    However, if by chance you have an IBM computer, perhaps this biometric
    device from IBM and associated software might save you some typing:
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...?EdpNo=1333514

    I'm curious--what are the circumstances that require so many logins?
    That does indeed sound like a pain in the butt!

    Best Regards,
    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/