Mouse right click menu - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Mouse right click menu - Microsoft Windows ; I am trying to remove a couple of programs from the "new" popup menu on the explorer right click and had trouble finding where the links for them are stored. It is taking a very long time to popup and ...

  1. Mouse right click menu

    I am trying to remove a couple of programs from the "new" popup menu on
    the explorer right click and had trouble finding where the links for
    them are stored.
    It is taking a very long time to popup and I am assuming it is the 10
    or so programs in there, in additon to what I want, that are slowing it
    down.

    I would appreciate any help.

    Thanks in advance
    Perez

  2. Re: Mouse right click menu

    10 Aug 2005 14:52:53 -0700, MS groups schrob:

    > I am trying to remove a couple of programs from the "new" popup menu on
    > the explorer right click and had trouble finding where the links for
    > them are stored.
    > It is taking a very long time to popup and I am assuming it is the 10
    > or so programs in there, in additon to what I want, that are slowing it
    > down.
    >
    > I would appreciate any help.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Perez

    Some years ago I learnt that a file type registration (the first entries in
    the registry under \HKCR, beginning with a dot) can contain a subkey called
    "ShellNew". When this is present, Explorer adds an entry to the new-menu.
    However, I found several of those entries but they don't show up in my
    menu. So I looked a little further and found some more under
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\Discardable\PostSetup\ShellNew

    Try deleting one of those (backup of this folder might be useful).

    Also, you could try an application for such tasks like RegCleaner, which
    has a separate function for those New-entries.
    --
    Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
    "All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by."

+ Reply to Thread