IE opening in little window - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on IE opening in little window - Microsoft Windows ; In IE, when I open in a new window, the new window is no more than a little icon on the page. I have to click on the icon to make window full size. This just started. How do I ...

  1. IE opening in little window

    In IE, when I open in a new window, the new window is no more than a
    little icon on the page. I have to click on the icon to make window
    full size. This just started. How do I make it go back to opening
    windows in full size?

    Thanks

    Tim

  2. Re: IE opening in little window

    twhite8611@aol.com wrote:
    > In IE, when I open in a new window, the new window is no more than a
    > little icon on the page. I have to click on the icon to make window
    > full size. This just started. How do I make it go back to opening
    > windows in full size?

    Opening it full size (maximise) won't ensure that it opens full size
    next time you use OE, whatever setting you set (don't ask me why).
    However if you adjust the window by hand to pull it out to fill you
    screen then it will remain that size. Hopefully OE7 might have adressed
    this problem which, after all, probbaly only require about one lin eof
    code.

  3. Re: IE opening in little window

    3 Aug 2005 12:07:04 -0700, twhite8611@aol.com schrob:

    > In IE, when I open in a new window, the new window is no more than a
    > little icon on the page. I have to click on the icon to make window
    > full size. This just started. How do I make it go back to opening
    > windows in full size?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Tim

    Since I could not find any entry with "size" in its name, try deleting
    Window_Placement in the registry path
    \HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

    For convenience you can first export this branch and later reimport; the
    risk is 0.
    --
    Gru | Greetings | Qapla'
    "All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by."

+ Reply to Thread