Slllllow startup. - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Slllllow startup. - Microsoft Windows ; My computer, basically brand new, lots of ram, fast proc, boots to windows fine, then opens windows installer for no reason, freezes for about 3 minutes, then closes and everything is fine, any ideas?...

  1. Slllllow startup.

    My computer, basically brand new, lots of ram, fast proc, boots to
    windows fine, then opens windows installer for no reason, freezes for
    about 3 minutes, then closes and everything is fine, any ideas?

  2. Re: Slllllow startup.

    Sounds like it's trying to install software or updates... if you do a
    couple of reboots, does it still do it? Other thoughts is Anti-Virus
    programs trying to update themselves, or anti-spyware pgms ditto, or ..

    Have to wonder if you've gotten full of spyware already, have seen that
    too, especially if on DSL or a network. Maybe try going to
    www.pandasoftware.com and running their free onlive virus and spyware
    checker.

    Don't laugh; I've seen a new PC infected from the network in less than
    one minute. !! Hope not!

    Dave

    c_liim@hotmail.com wrote:

    > My computer, basically brand new, lots of ram, fast proc, boots to
    > windows fine, then opens windows installer for no reason, freezes for
    > about 3 minutes, then closes and everything is fine, any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread