ANN: Microsoft Windows Vista Bulletin Board - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on ANN: Microsoft Windows Vista Bulletin Board - Microsoft Windows ; A community forum ( http://www.vistabb.com/ ) has been set up to: read about, talk about, comment about, complain about, ask questions about, and get answers about the Microsoft Windows Vista operating system. The web address is: http://www.vistabb.com/ Thanks, WxMan...

  1. ANN: Microsoft Windows Vista Bulletin Board

    A community forum ( http://www.vistabb.com/ ) has been set up to:

    read about,
    talk about,
    comment about,
    complain about,
    ask questions about,
    and get answers about

    the Microsoft Windows Vista operating system.

    The web address is:

    http://www.vistabb.com/

    Thanks,
    WxMan

  2. Re: Microsoft Windows Vista Bulletin Board

    "WxMan" wrote in message
    news:1122916796.647998.297910@o13g2000cwo.googlegr oups.com...
    >A community forum ( http://www.vistabb.com/ ) has been set up to:
    >
    > read about,
    > talk about,
    > comment about,
    > complain about,
    > ask questions about,
    > and get answers about
    >
    > the Microsoft Windows Vista operating system.
    >
    > The web address is:
    >
    > http://www.vistabb.com/
    >
    > Thanks,
    > WxMan

    From what I've seen of Vista, I don't like it. I especially HATE, and I
    really don't hate much, the MSN search on IE7 that can't be turned off. The
    All Programs part of the Start menu really sucks, as it stays open to the
    last place visited, doesn't display long program names, and has things on it
    that most people won't ever use!

    And don't get me started on Explorer!

    As it is, if I ever user Vista, I'll be turning almost everything to classic
    mode!

    MS seems to have made changes, just for the sake of making changes where no
    changes were necessary.

    As of right now, Vista sucks the big one!

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt

  3. Re: Microsoft Windows Vista Bulletin Board

    Mon, 1 Aug 2005 15:05:07 -0700, Default User schrob:

    > From what I've seen of Vista, I don't like it. I especially HATE, and I
    > really don't hate much, the MSN search on IE7 that can't be turned off.

    How good I don't even use IE *g*
    Can't really imagine it became more standard compliant in the next version.

    > The All Programs part of the Start menu really sucks, as it stays open to the
    > last place visited, doesn't display long program names, and has things on it
    > that most people won't ever use!

    Can you give me the source of that? I'd like to know more to complain about
    ^^

    > As it is, if I ever user Vista, I'll be turning almost everything to classic
    > mode!

    Same in XP. Considering there might be a day when I start using Vista, they
    still have the classic menu. I want my programs list with one stroke on the
    P key, not by cycling thorugh many entries that react to P.

    > MS seems to have made changes, just for the sake of making changes where no
    > changes were necessary.

    They're adjusting it to look nice and easy for each possible n00b (like
    grannies). Not taking into account that ppl who already worked some time
    with a computer need efficiency rather than Teletubby-meadows, coloured
    buttons and animated dogs that tell you what to do.

    > As of right now, Vista sucks the big one!

    Not to mention all these graphical gimmicks that require DX9 (as far as I
    heard). Ludicrous, I don't get it. Took me a looong time until I finally
    switched from 2k to XP, first reason was the disk usage (had only 20GB HDD
    back then).

    Even the OP's his forum has a big annoyance for a fast surfer *lol*
    (klicking _anywhere_ in the topic list entry opens the respective thread).

    But hey - isn't this forum _the_ place to post this?

    I want LCARS-Simplicity ^^ - http://www.lcarscom.net/lcars/
    --
    Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
    "All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by."

  4. Re: Microsoft Windows Vista Bulletin Board

    "Default User" wrote in message
    > "WxMan" wrote in message
    > news:1122916796.647998.297910@o13g2000cwo.googlegr oups.com...
    >>A community forum ( http://www.vistabb.com/ ) has been set up to:
    >>
    >> read about,
    >> talk about,
    >> comment about,
    >> complain about,
    >> ask questions about,
    >> and get answers about
    >>
    >> the Microsoft Windows Vista operating system.
    >>
    >> The web address is:
    >>
    >> http://www.vistabb.com/
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> WxMan
    >>

    > From what I've seen of Vista, I don't like it. I especially HATE, and I
    > really don't hate much, the MSN search on IE7 that can't be turned off.
    > The All Programs part of the Start menu really sucks, as it stays open to
    > the last place visited, doesn't display long program names, and has things
    > on it that most people won't ever use!
    >
    > And don't get me started on Explorer!
    >
    > As it is, if I ever user Vista, I'll be turning almost everything to
    > classic mode!
    >
    > MS seems to have made changes, just for the sake of making changes where
    > no changes were necessary.
    >
    > As of right now, Vista sucks the big one!

    ..... now tell us how you really feel about Vista??

  5. Re: Microsoft Windows Vista Bulletin Board

    Dudhorse wrote:
    > "Default User" wrote in message
    >> "WxMan" wrote in message
    >> news:1122916796.647998.297910@o13g2000cwo.googlegr oups.com...
    >>> A community forum ( http://www.vistabb.com/ ) has been set up to:
    >>>
    >>> read about,
    >>> talk about,
    >>> comment about,
    >>> complain about,
    >>> ask questions about,
    >>> and get answers about
    >>>
    >>> the Microsoft Windows Vista operating system.
    >>>
    >>> The web address is:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.vistabb.com/
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> WxMan
    >>>

    >> From what I've seen of Vista, I don't like it. I especially HATE,
    >> and I really don't hate much, the MSN search on IE7 that can't be
    >> turned off. The All Programs part of the Start menu really sucks, as
    >> it stays open to the last place visited, doesn't display long
    >> program names, and has things on it that most people won't ever use!
    >>
    >> And don't get me started on Explorer!
    >>
    >> As it is, if I ever user Vista, I'll be turning almost everything to
    >> classic mode!
    >>
    >> MS seems to have made changes, just for the sake of making changes
    >> where no changes were necessary.
    >>
    >> As of right now, Vista sucks the big one!
    >>

    > .... now tell us how you really feel about Vista??

    It's in early Beta, and things will change between now and RTM. BUT "as
    of right now, Vista sucks the big one!"

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

  6. Re: Microsoft Windows Vista Bulletin Board

    Bummer, now go back to using your previous user ID.

    Default User wrote:

    > From what I've seen of Vista, I don't like it. I especially HATE, and
    > I really don't hate much, the MSN search on IE7 that can't be turned
    > off. The All Programs part of the Start menu really sucks, as it stays
    > open to the last place visited, doesn't display long program names, and
    > has things on it that most people won't ever use!
    >
    > And don't get me started on Explorer!
    >
    > As it is, if I ever user Vista, I'll be turning almost everything to
    > classic mode!
    >
    > MS seems to have made changes, just for the sake of making changes where
    > no changes were necessary.
    >
    > As of right now, Vista sucks the big one!

  7. Re: Microsoft Windows Vista Bulletin Board

    Bob I wrote:
    > Bummer, now go back to using your previous user ID.

    Which reminds me of a couple of things I did like that were new to
    Vista!

    MS's public web server was set up in OE by default! ["Default User" was
    the default user name, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com, the default
    email addy]

    And not only that, but OE can be set up in options to bottom post!

    OE still had the version number of 6.x not 7, like IE.

    And Booby, I had already change it back yesterday, once I realized that
    I forgot to set it up.

    But that Booby for ya, he is always behind the times!

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

  8. Re: Microsoft Windows Vista Bulletin Board

    Dudhorse wrote:
    > "Default User" wrote in message
    >> "WxMan" wrote in message
    >> news:1122916796.647998.297910@o13g2000cwo.googlegr oups.com...
    >>> A community forum ( http://www.vistabb.com/ ) has been set up to:
    >>>
    >>> read about,
    >>> talk about,
    >>> comment about,
    >>> complain about,
    >>> ask questions about,
    >>> and get answers about
    >>>
    >>> the Microsoft Windows Vista operating system.
    >>>
    >>> The web address is:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.vistabb.com/
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> WxMan
    >>>

    >> From what I've seen of Vista, I don't like it. I especially HATE,
    >> and I really don't hate much, the MSN search on IE7 that can't be
    >> turned off. The All Programs part of the Start menu really sucks, as
    >> it stays open to the last place visited, doesn't display long
    >> program names, and has things on it that most people won't ever use!
    >>
    >> And don't get me started on Explorer!
    >>
    >> As it is, if I ever user Vista, I'll be turning almost everything to
    >> classic mode!
    >>
    >> MS seems to have made changes, just for the sake of making changes
    >> where no changes were necessary.
    >>
    >> As of right now, Vista sucks the big one!
    >>

    > .... now tell us how you really feel about Vista??

    Vista is quite promissory!
    http://genome.lbl.gov/vista/index.shtml

  9. Re: Microsoft Windows Vista Bulletin Board

    Dudhorse wrote:
    > "Default User" wrote in message
    >
    >>"WxMan" wrote in message
    >>news:1122916796.647998.297910@o13g2000cwo.googlegr oups.com...

    [snip]

    >>As of right now, Vista sucks the big one!
    >>

    > .... now tell us how you really feel about Vista??

    I don't know. I've never dealt with them, and I don't live in the
    vicinity of Redmond, Washington.

    http://www.vista.com/

    --
    Don Thornton II
    Support Technician, SDC Internet

  10. Re: Microsoft Windows Vista Bulletin Board

    It can change to google or yahoo or some others by clicking the magnifying
    glass and selecting the search you would like to use!
    "kurttrail" wrote in message
    > Dudhorse wrote:
    >> "Default User" wrote in message
    >>> "WxMan" wrote in message
    >>> news:1122916796.647998.297910@o13g2000cwo.googlegr oups.com...

    >>> From what I've seen of Vista, I don't like it. I especially HATE,
    >>> and I really don't hate much, the MSN search on IE7 that can't be
    >>> turned off. The All Programs part of the Start menu really sucks, as
    >>> it stays open to the last place visited, doesn't display long
    >>> program names, and has things on it that most people won't ever use!
    >>>
    >>> And don't get me started on Explorer!
    >>>
    >>> As it is, if I ever user Vista, I'll be turning almost everything to
    >>> classic mode!
    >>>
    >>> MS seems to have made changes, just for the sake of making changes
    >>> where no changes were necessary.
    >>>
    >>> As of right now, Vista sucks the big one!
    >>>

    >> .... now tell us how you really feel about Vista??

    > It's in early Beta, and things will change between now and RTM. BUT "as
    > of right now, Vista sucks the big one!"
    >
    > --
    > Peace!
    > Kurt