Please answer...Video Card detection... - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Please answer...Video Card detection... - Microsoft Windows ; Hi, I have a WinNT 4 Box that I need to determine what videocard is installed. I can't easily take this box out of service, and it's physical location makes it even less appealing to try and open the case ...

  1. Please answer...Video Card detection...

    Hi,

    I have a WinNT 4 Box that I need to determine what videocard is installed.
    I can't easily take this box out of service, and it's physical location
    makes it even less appealing to try and open the case for a visual
    determination.

    Is there any way I can determine the video card installed inside so that I
    can download a better videocard driver? A direct email to me would be
    greatly appreciated as well as a response in this room.
    tlippard/at/juno/dot/com.

    Please help!

    Much thanks,

    Tim

  2. Re: Please answer...Video Card detection...

    Open a command prompt and type the following four lines. The information
    should show up on the right side of command window. Note that the
    second lines contains zeros and not the letter "o".

    debug
    dc000:0

    Ben

    "Tim" wrote in message news:Xns96A1DDAA5F713venturestriadebizcom@63.223.7 .250...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a WinNT 4 Box that I need to determine what videocard is installed.
    > I can't easily take this box out of service, and it's physical location
    > makes it even less appealing to try and open the case for a visual
    > determination.
    >
    > Is there any way I can determine the video card installed inside so that I
    > can download a better videocard driver? A direct email to me would be
    > greatly appreciated as well as a response in this room.
    > tlippard/at/juno/dot/com.
    >
    > Please help!
    >
    > Much thanks,
    >
    > Tim

  3. Re: Please answer...Video Card detection...

    > Is there any way I can determine the video card installed inside so that I
    > can download a better videocard driver? A direct email to me would be
    > greatly appreciated as well as a response in this room.
    > tlippard/at/juno/dot/com.

    http://users.powernet.co.uk/sysserv/page198.html

  4. Re: Please answer...Video Card detection...

    Click Start/Settings/Control Panel
    double-click the Display Icon
    Click the Settings tab
    Click the Display Type button.
    That screen will give your video adapter card brand name, model, and
    version numbers and names of driver files.

    Alternatively, there is a free utility called SIW; this is
    a excellent free utility which does not require special installation
    (that is, the downloaded program is runnable from any (device's)
    subdirectory). Get it at:
    http://www3.sympatico.ca/gtopala/about_siw_pc.html

    Skip Knoble, Penn State

    On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 18:40:21 -0700, Tim wrote:

    -|Hi,
    -|
    -|I have a WinNT 4 Box that I need to determine what videocard is installed.
    -|I can't easily take this box out of service, and it's physical location
    -|makes it even less appealing to try and open the case for a visual
    -|determination.
    -|
    -|Is there any way I can determine the video card installed inside so that I
    -|can download a better videocard driver? A direct email to me would be
    -|greatly appreciated as well as a response in this room.
    -|tlippard/at/juno/dot/com.
    -|
    -|Please help!
    -|
    -|Much thanks,
    -|
    -|Tim

  5. Re: Please answer...Video Card detection...

    Herman D. Knoble wrote:
    > Click Start/Settings/Control Panel
    > double-click the Display Icon
    > Click the Settings tab
    > Click the Display Type button.
    > That screen will give your video adapter card brand name, model, and
    > version numbers and names of driver files.
    >
    > Alternatively, there is a free utility called SIW; this is
    > a excellent free utility which does not require special installation
    > (that is, the downloaded program is runnable from any (device's)
    > subdirectory). Get it at:
    > http://www3.sympatico.ca/gtopala/about_siw_pc.html

    The shutdown message woke me up!

+ Reply to Thread