How to Change the default browser - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on How to Change the default browser - Microsoft Windows ; I remembered that I used to call a program from "Run" to open the dialogue to change the default browser or default email client. I forgot the command. Can anyone tell me what is the command I should type from ...

  1. How to Change the default browser

    I remembered that I used to call a program from "Run" to open the
    dialogue to change the default browser or default email client. I
    forgot the command. Can anyone tell me what is the command I should
    type from "Run" to invoke that dialogue.

    Thanks a lot!

  2. Re: How to Change the default browser

    26 Jul 2005 15:11:31 -0700, Jerry schrob:

    > I remembered that I used to call a program from "Run" to open the
    > dialogue to change the default browser or default email client. I
    > forgot the command. Can anyone tell me what is the command I should
    > type from "Run" to invoke that dialogue.
    >
    > Thanks a lot!

    Win2k and XP: Settings->Software.
    Then on the left the button at the bottom (program access or whatever it is
    called in the English version).

    But have a look at your favorite program, if it provides an option to
    register itself as standard.
    --
    Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
    "All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by."

  3. Re: How to Change the default browser

    Hi,

    Go to Control Panel ------> Add/Remove Programs.

    Click "Set Programs Access and Defaults".

    In the Choose a default browser field select the radio button in front
    of browser name which you want to make default browser.

    Thanks !

+ Reply to Thread