Speed up of chkdsk /r possible ? - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Speed up of chkdsk /r possible ? - Microsoft Windows ; I have a 120GB external hard disc connected through USB. When I perform a chkdsk /r it lasts approx 10 hours to perform a chkdsk. Is there any way to speed this check up? Thommy...

  1. Speed up of chkdsk /r possible ?

    I have a 120GB external hard disc connected through USB.
    When I perform a chkdsk /r it lasts approx 10 hours to perform a chkdsk.

    Is there any way to speed this check up?

    Thommy

  2. Re: Speed up of chkdsk /r possible ?

    tho235@yahoo.com (Thommy Kanther) writes:
    > I have a 120GB external hard disc connected through USB.
    > When I perform a chkdsk /r it lasts approx 10 hours to perform a chkdsk.
    >
    > Is there any way to speed this check up?

    Do it while you sleep?

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

  3. Re: Speed up of chkdsk /r possible ?

    I do not what you are doing but I have 2 120GB hard drive and it does not
    "seem" to take 10 hours to complete.

    As for doing this during the OP sleep time, it depends if this PC is in
    their bedroom. It may be too noisy to sleep with it on.

    "Todd H." wrote in message
    > tho235@yahoo.com (Thommy Kanther) writes:
    >> I have a 120GB external hard disc connected through USB.
    >> When I perform a chkdsk /r it lasts approx 10 hours to perform a chkdsk.
    >>
    >> Is there any way to speed this check up?

    > Do it while you sleep?
    >
    > --
    > Todd H.
    > http://www.toddh.net/

  4. Re: Speed up of chkdsk /r possible ?

    Is yours connected in the same way though? The OP's is via USB.

    "Yves Leclerc" wrote in message
    >I do not what you are doing but I have 2 120GB hard drive and it does not
    >"seem" to take 10 hours to complete.
    >
    > As for doing this during the OP sleep time, it depends if this PC is in
    > their bedroom. It may be too noisy to sleep with it on.
    >

    > "Todd H." wrote in message
    >> tho235@yahoo.com (Thommy Kanther) writes:
    >>> I have a 120GB external hard disc connected through USB.
    >>> When I perform a chkdsk /r it lasts approx 10 hours to perform a chkdsk.
    >>>
    >>> Is there any way to speed this check up?

    >> Do it while you sleep?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Todd H.
    >> http://www.toddh.net/