OS What to purchase - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on OS What to purchase - Microsoft Windows ; can anybody tell me the difference between XP Professional and XP Media Centre...

  1. OS What to purchase

    can anybody tell me the difference between XP Professional and XP Media
    Centre

  2. Re: OS What to purchase

    NO well not specificaly, but you don't need Pro at home. XP Media is
    specific to heavy media uses like MP4 players, cd music, DVD video,
    Graphics etc. I think they streamlined the media stuff to get higher
    priority during Interupt Requests and such. It probably includes alot
    of built in drivers for professional media programs as well as the
    standard off the shelf stuff.

+ Reply to Thread