Spybot S&D Problems - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Spybot S&D Problems - Microsoft Windows ; I recently purcahsed a new computer....Windows XP SP2 - P4 HT 3.06 GHZ, 1 GB DDR2 533Mhz of Ram, Radion x600 Pro PCIX Graphics. After brining it home, I atempted to install the latest version of Spybot. The install went ...

  1. Spybot S&D Problems

    I recently purcahsed a new computer....Windows XP SP2 - P4 HT 3.06 GHZ,
    1 GB DDR2 533Mhz of Ram, Radion x600 Pro PCIX Graphics.

    After brining it home, I atempted to install the latest version of
    Spybot. The install went without a hitch....however..it keept freezing
    after about 30 seconds of running a scan. I tried an untinsall and
    re-install several times as well as running in safe mode to elimate a
    driver conflict...but to no avail. I am not running any unusal
    software or drivers that would cause conflicts, just the usual stuff.
    MS Office 2003 (xp for access and frontpage), etc.

    If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

  2. Re: Spybot S&D Problems

    Did you find spybot from a forum called Spywarewarriors.com? or a link
    from there to merin site? You really need to make sure you are getting
    all the new info on current adware/spyware from the same site you
    downloaded from. In the past many spyware and adware were actually
    directed at Spybot S&D and other well known freeware with excellent
    reputations. Most of the time the forums know whats happening before
    you ever get the download and will have special instructions if such a
    threat exists.

    Anyway I used to help at Spywarewarrior.com for a brief time, go there
    and ask for help I am sure they know all about your issue. I trust
    their fixes over any other help out there.

    What is sad is that everyone believes there is software I call
    Anti-X-ware that is worth paying for...Computer Associates, Mcafee,
    Symantec... these are nothing but rip-offs of the work that forums
    already know and design. I have seen issues develop in real time that
    were solved with fixes from forums such as Spywarewarrior.com days even
    weeks and months before any of those so named above even placed a
    bulletin concerning the threat.

  3. Re: Spybot S&D Problems

    > Did you find spybot from a forum called Spywarewarriors.com? or a link
    > from there to merin site? You really need to make sure you are getting
    > all the new info on current adware/spyware from the same site you
    > downloaded from

    One of the official Spybot S&D sites is http://security.kolla.de (just
    in case the OP needs an official link).

    I had problems with the install of the new 1.4 version (notes on my site
    at http://www.coreutilities.co.uk) but no real show-stoppers.

+ Reply to Thread