Connection doesn't appear in "Connect To" menu - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Connection doesn't appear in "Connect To" menu - Microsoft Windows ; Under XP Pro, my "Connect To" menu (a submenu of the start menu) shows only my "Wireless Network Connection," no matter what I do. My "Local Area Connection" is active, yet doesn't appear. Yes, I have turned off the "Connect ...

  1. Connection doesn't appear in "Connect To" menu

    Under XP Pro, my "Connect To" menu (a submenu of the start menu) shows
    only my "Wireless Network Connection," no matter what I do. My "Local
    Area Connection" is active, yet doesn't appear. Yes, I have turned off
    the "Connect To" menu and turned it back on; no change.

    Does anyone have a clue about how to fix this annoyance?

    Thanks,
    Dave

  2. Re: Connection doesn't appear in "Connect To" menu

    Dave: You can go to Control Panel, right-click Network Connections,
    choose Create Shortcut, and then click OK to put a shortcut on the Desktop.
    You can then move it to the Tool Bar for even quicker access than the
    "Connect To" shortcut in the Task Bar (see below).

    OR (second method)

    Right-click the Taskbar and choose: Properties
    Click the tab: Start Menu
    Click the button: Customize
    Click the tab: Advanced
    In the section titled: Start Menu Items
    scroll down the list until you see: Network Connectons
    Then check the bullet: Display as Connect to menu
    Click OK twice

    Skip Knoble, Penn State

    On 15 Jul 2005 05:45:24 -0700, "dave" wrote:

    -|Under XP Pro, my "Connect To" menu (a submenu of the start menu) shows
    -|only my "Wireless Network Connection," no matter what I do. My "Local
    -|Area Connection" is active, yet doesn't appear. Yes, I have turned off
    -|the "Connect To" menu and turned it back on; no change.
    -|
    -|Does anyone have a clue about how to fix this annoyance?
    -|
    -|Thanks,
    -|Dave

+ Reply to Thread