Wireless connection not working after system board replaced - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Wireless connection not working after system board replaced - Microsoft Windows ; I have Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection on my computer. My laptop was sent in for repair and the system board was replaced. Removing the network connection driver from Device Manager and scanning for new hardware installs the drivers for ...

  1. Wireless connection not working after system board replaced

    I have Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection on my computer.
    My laptop was sent in for repair and the system board was replaced.
    Removing the network connection driver from Device Manager and scanning
    for new hardware installs the drivers for Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG
    Network Connection, so I know that they replaced the system board with
    an identical one.

    However, my wireless connection is no longer working. I definitely have
    a wireless network in my building (my roommates are on it all the
    time), but nothing is being detected by my computer (using XP's Choose
    a Wireless Network screen).

    I've reinstalled the drivers, but this has done nothing. Any ideas?

  2. Re: Wireless connection not working after system board replaced

    Make sure that there isn't any newer drivers aviailable. Also Whoever
    is the manufactor of the laptop, or the device itself make sure you go
    to there website and if that doesn't work call the companies tech
    support, any time your having driver and compatibility issues from a
    motherboard, instead of wasting your time going in circles get a idea
    from the company, be patient some tech guys don't know squat, but
    occasionally your'll get someone who knows what there talking about
    good luck. also see if there's a newer bios update sometimes that's the
    source of a problem like that.

+ Reply to Thread