mail server on windows server 2003 - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on mail server on windows server 2003 - Microsoft Windows ; Hi Gurus I would like to run a mail server on 2003 that does the following: 1. collect emails from several other mail servers (e.g. mail.myisp.com) using the pop3 method. 2. allow people connected to the servers domain/network to - ...

  1. mail server on windows server 2003

    Hi Gurus

    I would like to run a mail server on 2003 that does the following:

    1. collect emails from several other mail servers (e.g. mail.myisp.com)
    using the pop3 method.

    2. allow people connected to the servers domain/network to
    - send emails from their outlook program
    - receive emails in their outlook program
    - send emails locally (without going through our ISP) to other people who
    are connected to the server (e.g. from Jo to Mike who are both connected to
    the server domain).

    My questions are:

    1. can MS Windows Server do this, OR
    2. would you recommend a program for this

    We have been using Mercury, but this does not seem to be working.

    - TIA

    Nicolaas

  2. Re: mail server on windows server 2003

    Try my software :
    Macallan Mail Solution
    http://macallan.club.fr/MMS/index.html

    Macallan

    "windandwaves" a écrit dans le message de news:
    NgGze.14351$U4.1668515@news.xtra.co.nz...
    > Hi Gurus
    >
    > I would like to run a mail server on 2003 that does the following:
    >
    > 1. collect emails from several other mail servers (e.g. mail.myisp.com)
    > using the pop3 method.
    >
    > 2. allow people connected to the servers domain/network to
    > - send emails from their outlook program
    > - receive emails in their outlook program
    > - send emails locally (without going through our ISP) to other people who
    > are connected to the server (e.g. from Jo to Mike who are both connected
    > to the server domain).
    >
    > My questions are:
    >
    > 1. can MS Windows Server do this, OR
    > 2. would you recommend a program for this
    >
    > We have been using Mercury, but this does not seem to be working.
    >
    > - TIA
    >

    > Nicolaas

+ Reply to Thread