W/Me Lost file - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on W/Me Lost file - Microsoft Windows ; After various calamities I have managed to restore to good health my Win Me laptop. Sadly the Help files have been lost. I would appreciate any help to restore these. I have the original discs but am reluctant to restore ...

  1. W/Me Lost file

    After various calamities I have managed to restore to good health my Win Me
    laptop.
    Sadly the Help files have been lost. I would appreciate any help to restore
    these. I have the original discs but am reluctant to restore what is now a
    very out of date sys disc, let alone all the other program updates.

    If any help can be offered I would be very pleased.

    Cushie

  2. Re: W/Me Lost file

    Ouch, Windows ME. That is a terrible operating system, better only than
    the nasty Windows NT. If I were you, I would strongly recommend picking
    up an OEM version of windows XP at a website like www. newegg.com (you
    have to buy some tiny piece of hardware with it, like a $2 cable for
    the OEM purchase to be legitimate) for cheap and it will solve all your
    problems, past, present, and future.

  3. Re: W/Me Lost file

    "Stuart Gowdy" writes:

    > Ouch, Windows ME. That is a terrible operating system, better only than
    > the nasty Windows NT.

    Hey take that back. Windows NT doesn't deserve that insult! :-) NT
    was mighty darned stable in my experience.

    If you want to find a worse OS than ME, I think you might have to go
    back to Win 3.0. DOS 4.0 was quite a charlie foxtrot too.

    But here's my stab at an alternate non-answer:

    I have to say I got a chuckle at the notion of wanting help restoring
    the help files of ME. There are so many levels of help implied in
    that request that I'm not sure where to begin!

    And I also can't recall the last time I ever used anything but the
    internet to try to find an answer to a Windows problem.

    Best Regards,
    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

  4. Re: W/Me Lost file

    All good stuff, many thanks, and I still have the problem.

    All I want to do is to restore (or install) the Help file.

    I am concerned that XP may grab too much disc space on this small system.
    Yes admit I was looking for help on the internet after spending loads of
    time wandering around the Windows Tech site getting nowhere.

    In anticipation,
    Cushie

+ Reply to Thread