I've done the following:
- I switch unter Win2000 (incl.SP4) to the details view of the files in Windows Explorer,
- the removed the "type" column (by right clicking on the header and disabling the column),
- change some column width
- and finally saved this settings (of the current folder) by clicking on the button in menu
tools->folder options...->View->Like current folder

Everything is fine - for the current session.

However if I reboot the old default settings are valid again.

How do I really change permanently the winExplorer settings?

Is there a way of directly editing the registry for these options?

In Windows Prof XP I have a similar problem

Paul