Can't change background - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Can't change background - Microsoft Windows ; Out of the blue, I have lost the ability to change my desktop wallpaper! Windows 2000. Can anyone tell me what may have happened and how I can fix it? Whenever I go into the go to the desktop's Display ...

  1. Can't change background

    Out of the blue, I have lost the ability to change my desktop
    wallpaper!
    Windows 2000.

    Can anyone tell me what may have happened and how I can fix it?
    Whenever I go into the go to the desktop's Display Properties
    dialoglay,
    under the background tab I see the usual choices in the listbox but the
    listbox is disabled (the generic "desktop" is selected).
    It is possible to change the background if I download something
    from the net and apply it through some route other than
    the windows route.

    Now if I could just get rid of this damn "freeprod" crap.

    tonyM

  2. Re: Can't change background

    Tony,
    This is spyware man, an advanced case of it. Last time I worked on
    someone's computer it seemed it was a variant of coolweb search. Pick
    up a copy of CWShredder and run it, you might be able to solve this
    problem pretty quick like.
    Latz,

  3. Re: Can't change background

    Tony,
    This is spyware man, an advanced case of it. Last time I worked on
    someone's computer it seemed it was a variant of coolweb search. Pick
    up a copy of CWShredder and run it, you might be able to solve this
    problem pretty quick like.
    Latz,

+ Reply to Thread