WINDOWS CAN NO LONGER READ MY SLAVE DRIVE - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on WINDOWS CAN NO LONGER READ MY SLAVE DRIVE - Microsoft Windows ; I have 2 HDs in my PC, the slave has EVERYTHING ON IT. My MP3s, photo collection, you name it. Tonite when I went to access it the splash window appeared telling me the drive is not formatted !. Both ...

  1. WINDOWS CAN NO LONGER READ MY SLAVE DRIVE

    I have 2 HDs in my PC, the slave has EVERYTHING ON IT. My MP3s, photo
    collection, you name it. Tonite when I went to access it the splash
    window appeared telling me the drive is not formatted !. Both BIOS and
    Windows recognize the drive being there. This happened just suddenly,
    one sec fine, the next this.

  2. Re: WINDOWS CAN NO LONGER READ MY SLAVE DRIVE

    atlantic965 wrote:
    > I have 2 HDs in my PC, the slave has EVERYTHING ON IT. My MP3s, photo
    > collection, you name it. Tonite when I went to access it the splash
    > window appeared telling me the drive is not formatted !. Both BIOS and
    > Windows recognize the drive being there. This happened just suddenly,
    > one sec fine, the next this.

    Do the usual checks including replacing the signal cables. Go
    to the website of the HD maker and download diagnostic apps for
    testing. If HD remains unreadable, test in another computer. If
    data on HD still cannot be read, then it has crashed. To recover
    the data, professional data recovery assistance is needed and be
    ready to pay. That's the cost for not making adequate backups.

  3. Re: WINDOWS CAN NO LONGER READ MY SLAVE DRIVE

    Start the computer in "Command Prompt" and run Scandisk for
    DOS on the drive.

    scandisk d:

    Ben

    "atlantic965" wrote in message news:1119762342.274687.237710@g49g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > I have 2 HDs in my PC, the slave has EVERYTHING ON IT. My MP3s, photo
    > collection, you name it. Tonite when I went to access it the splash
    > window appeared telling me the drive is not formatted !. Both BIOS and
    > Windows recognize the drive being there. This happened just suddenly,
    > one sec fine, the next this.

+ Reply to Thread