"Fake a Call" from Add/Remove programs - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on "Fake a Call" from Add/Remove programs - Microsoft Windows ; I am trying to automate an uninstall package for WinTools & Websearch spyware for our company. My problem is if I try to call their program with the uninstall string (which I got from the registry under Uninstall), it tells ...

  1. "Fake a Call" from Add/Remove programs

    I am trying to automate an uninstall package for WinTools & Websearch
    spyware for our company. My problem is if I try to call their program
    with the uninstall string (which I got from the registry under
    Uninstall), it tells me I need to call the uninstall from Add/Remove
    Programs. Is there any way to make it think that I am making the call
    from add/Remove Programs through either VBScript or VB or even a Bat
    file? I have tried monitoring through FileMon to see how the call is
    made, but it doesn't register the call. This is a Windows 2000
    environment. Thanks for any help.

  2. Re: "Fake a Call" from Add/Remove programs

    If you are trying to automate the removal of wintools you will be my
    hero.

    How far are you along?

    jpb

    nospam@meatonconsulting.com wrote:
    > I am trying to automate an uninstall package for WinTools & Websearch
    > spyware for our company. My problem is if I try to call their program
    > with the uninstall string (which I got from the registry under
    > Uninstall), it tells me I need to call the uninstall from Add/Remove
    > Programs. Is there any way to make it think that I am making the call
    > from add/Remove Programs through either VBScript or VB or even a Bat
    > file? I have tried monitoring through FileMon to see how the call is
    > made, but it doesn't register the call. This is a Windows 2000
    > environment. Thanks for any help.

  3. Re: "Fake a Call" from Add/Remove programs

    you'll get close with scheduling Webroots Spysweeper. This will remove
    those nasties.

    nospam@meatonconsulting.com wrote:
    > I am trying to automate an uninstall package for WinTools & Websearch
    > spyware for our company. My problem is if I try to call their program
    > with the uninstall string (which I got from the registry under
    > Uninstall), it tells me I need to call the uninstall from Add/Remove
    > Programs. Is there any way to make it think that I am making the call
    > from add/Remove Programs through either VBScript or VB or even a Bat
    > file? I have tried monitoring through FileMon to see how the call is
    > made, but it doesn't register the call. This is a Windows 2000
    > environment. Thanks for any help.

  4. Re: "Fake a Call" from Add/Remove programs

    I have a program that does it now. Would you like a copy? It works
    perfect and takes about 25 seconds to execute

+ Reply to Thread