help with temp user in xp - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on help with temp user in xp - Microsoft Windows ; I have lost most of user specific aspects of my computer environment My bookmarks, (favorites, address book, and documents) are missing..... and my system looks as if it were newly initialized.......IE gave me the setup wizard...!!. So I looked at ...

  1. help with temp user in xp

    I have lost most of user specific aspects of my computer environment
    My bookmarks, (favorites, address book, and documents) are missing.....
    and my system looks as if it were newly initialized.......IE gave me the
    setup wizard...!!.
    So I looked at the C drive....and I found a "temp user" in the windows
    directory
    I tried to change users from owner (me) to "temp" but it does not
    appear for me
    to log onto. ......somehow my xp system has created another me.....my
    files seem to be in the temp user directory
    How can this happen..... ...and how can I fix it.

    Lenny Laks
    Mendocino, CA

  2. Re: help with temp user in xp

    Big L wrote:
    > I have lost most of user specific aspects of my computer environment
    > My bookmarks, (favorites, address book, and documents) are missing.....
    > and my system looks as if it were newly initialized.......IE gave me the
    > setup wizard...!!.
    > So I looked at the C drive....and I found a "temp user" in the windows
    > directory
    > I tried to change users from owner (me) to "temp" but it does not
    > appear for me
    > to log onto. ......somehow my xp system has created another me.....my
    > files seem to be in the temp user directory
    > How can this happen..... ...and how can I fix it.
    >

    > Lenny Laks
    > Mendocino, CA

    Just try to move all files from 'temp user' to ur Documents and Settings
    folder. Do it in safe mode, or login as Administrator.

    --
    [ neccATczgDOTpl RLU:#369977 GG:1719348 ]

+ Reply to Thread