Standby problem: windows xp sp2 - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Standby problem: windows xp sp2 - Microsoft Windows ; I have a windows xp sp2 computer, built by myself with a ABIT motherboard and AMD processer, and a ATI RADEON ALL IN WONDER 9600xT graphics card. When i try to standby, the computer appeares to shut off, but i ...

  1. Standby problem: windows xp sp2

    I have a windows xp sp2 computer, built by myself with a ABIT
    motherboard and AMD processer, and a ATI RADEON ALL IN WONDER 9600xT
    graphics card. When i try to standby, the computer appeares to shut
    off, but i cannot wake it up by pushing the power button or moving the
    mouse or pushing any button on the keyboard. So i have to unplug the
    power to reset the computer. (that doesn't sound very healthy.)
    Is this a driver problem with the OS and the motherboard?? I heard that
    it might be a conflict with the graphics card and processer, but i'm
    not sure

    Please help!!

  2. Re: Standby problem: windows xp sp2

    Manban wrote:
    > I have a windows xp sp2 computer, built by myself with a ABIT
    > motherboard and AMD processer, and a ATI RADEON ALL IN WONDER 9600xT
    > graphics card. When i try to standby, the computer appeares to shut
    > off, but i cannot wake it up by pushing the power button or moving the
    > mouse or pushing any button on the keyboard. So i have to unplug the
    > power to reset the computer. (that doesn't sound very healthy.)
    > Is this a driver problem with the OS and the motherboard?? I heard
    > that it might be a conflict with the graphics card and processer, but
    > i'm not sure

    I would say it is either a motherboard driver problem or a setting in
    the Bios, which has some things to control standby/wake up etc. I doubt
    if it is a conflict.

+ Reply to Thread