Rebooting WIN 98 but doesn't come out from DOS mode. - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Rebooting WIN 98 but doesn't come out from DOS mode. - Microsoft Windows ; Click "Start", "Run", type "msconfig" and click "OK". Click on the "Startup" tab, uncheck everything and click "OK". Restart the computer when prompted, ignoring any shutdown problem. When the computer restarts, see if it shuts down properly. If so, reenable ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: Rebooting WIN 98 but doesn't come out from DOS mode.

    Click "Start", "Run", type "msconfig" and click "OK". Click on the
    "Startup" tab, uncheck everything and click "OK". Restart the
    computer when prompted, ignoring any shutdown problem. When
    the computer restarts, see if it shuts down properly. If so, reenable
    or restart the unchecked items one at a time until you find the
    application causing the problem.

    Ben

    wrote in message news:1120138466.875814.202920@g47g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > The blue screen warning above is persistent, cannot shotdown computer
    > now. I can re-boot and function seems OK (although I had ? on sound
    > card from Device Manager. But sound comes out OK.) but again tried to
    > shutdown gets the blue screen warning, doesn't shutdown.
    >
    > ScanDisk performed Ok on this machine. What the blue screen "A Fatal
    > exception 0E has occurred" mean? Anyway to fix it?
    >
    > Sincerely yours,

  2. Re: Rebooting WIN 98 but doesn't come out from DOS mode.

    Dear Mr. Meyers,

    Thank you very much for all of you help. It's good feeling that making
    the salvaged PC up and running. The PC still sometime gets blue screen
    "A Fatal exception 0E has occurred". mscofnig shows there are three
    wintool. They seem conflicting even I uncheck all of wintool
    occasionally they come back checked. I tried to uninstall all wintool
    but again it gets the blue "A Fatal exception 0E has occurred" screen,
    not let me to do it.

    Anyhow it's small problem. I can use this PC ok at this moment.

    Sincerely yours,

  3. Re: Rebooting WIN 98 but doesn't come out from DOS mode.

    See if this is helpful.

    http://www.pchell.com/support/wintools.shtml

    Ben

    wrote in message news:1121264111.067184.148750@g43g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Dear Mr. Meyers,
    >
    > Thank you very much for all of you help. It's good feeling that making
    > the salvaged PC up and running. The PC still sometime gets blue screen
    > "A Fatal exception 0E has occurred". mscofnig shows there are three
    > wintool. They seem conflicting even I uncheck all of wintool
    > occasionally they come back checked. I tried to uninstall all wintool
    > but again it gets the blue "A Fatal exception 0E has occurred" screen,
    > not let me to do it.
    >
    > Anyhow it's small problem. I can use this PC ok at this moment.
    >
    > Sincerely yours,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2