WANTED: A utility to help copy files across a wireless network - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on WANTED: A utility to help copy files across a wireless network - Microsoft Windows ; I've been scouring the Internet for a utility that will help me to copy files across a fairly unreliable & slow wireless network. What I really need is something that will stay up even if the network goes down and ...

  1. WANTED: A utility to help copy files across a wireless network

    I've been scouring the Internet for a utility that will help me to copy
    files across a fairly unreliable & slow wireless network. What I really
    need is something that will stay up even if the network goes down and
    just carry on trying to copy files even if they are unavailable, in
    use, "access denied" etc. So I could just leave the utility trying
    overnight and hopefully come back to find everything done or if the
    network went down halfway through all I'd have to do is reboot the
    router & everything would continue where it left off.

    Does such a thing exist????

    If not maybe I'll try & write one, there must surely be a huge market
    for it......

    Cheers for any suggestions,
    Steve

  2. Re: WANTED: A utility to help copy files across a wireless network

    steve.chambers@gmail.com wrote:
    > I've been scouring the Internet for a utility that will help me to
    > copy files across a fairly unreliable & slow wireless network. What I
    > really need is something that will stay up even if the network goes
    > down and just carry on trying to copy files even if they are
    > unavailable, in use, "access denied" etc. So I could just leave the
    > utility trying overnight and hopefully come back to find everything
    > done or if the network went down halfway through all I'd have to do
    > is reboot the router & everything would continue where it left off.
    >
    > Does such a thing exist????
    >
    > If not maybe I'll try & write one, there must surely be a huge market
    > for it......
    >
    > Cheers for any suggestions,
    > Steve

    robocopy
    from the NT resource kit - probably requires NT to work.

+ Reply to Thread